2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13352
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by JCShutout »

And a stupid penalty by Bou

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13352
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by JCShutout »

Whew! ENG. That should do it.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Closer than it should've been but I'll take it. Can't believe that 2nd goal for Calgary.

albertmvpujols
All-Star
Posts: 1589
Joined: April 19 06, 7:03 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by albertmvpujols »

I thought both the 2nd and 4th goals were bad goals. Last night just wasnt Allen's night. Luckily Perron and co. bailed him out by scoring similar to how Allen had bailed out the offense and at least kept them in the games the previous two. Yakupovs delete and dish to Berglund was my favorite play of the night. While never skeptical of the he trade since we have up so little I was concerned that Yak wouldn't do enough offensively to make up for his holes defensively, but I he's been much better on both sides of the ice than I thought he'd be.

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by TheoSqua »

albertmvpujols wrote:I thought both the 2nd and 4th goals were bad goals. Last night just wasnt Allen's night. Luckily Perron and co. bailed him out by scoring similar to how Allen had bailed out the offense and at least kept them in the games the previous two. Yakupovs delete and dish to Berglund was my favorite play of the night. While never skeptical of the he trade since we have up so little I was concerned that Yak wouldn't do enough offensively to make up for his holes defensively, but I he's been much better on both sides of the ice than I thought he'd be.
This. I was expecting Yakupov to be a slightly better paajarvi and help shore up the role that Jaskins/MPV/Rattie have had the opportunity to take and failed. But he seems like a legit top 6 forward and will start challanging the likes of Perron and Lehtera for ice time (I know he doesn't play the same position as Lehtera, but with Schwartz showing some promise at center I could see roles being shuffled to give Yakupov more ice time).

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

It's been ugly so far. It's not entirely Hutton's fault, but I still wish we would've had the guts to put Allen vs. Elliott.

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by TheoSqua »

Bouwmeester has looked really bad this year. He's lost an obvious step. I didn't expect him to have a skill level drop this quick and this steep.

Hopefully Las Vegas takes him from us. He's never going to be a huge liability, but he's not the same player that he was the first year after the blues traded for him. It's a shame to see him age so quickly.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by GeddyWrox »

They just looked flat last night. Not much jump. Federko said several times during both intermissions how hard it is to come back home after a long road trip. WTF?? The game in Calgary was Saturday. You get home Sunday, rest up, skate Monday, and hit it hard on Tuesday! I don't see how coming off a road trip with that much time until the first home game should be a problem. I call BS.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

TheoSqua wrote:Bouwmeester has looked really bad this year. He's lost an obvious step. I didn't expect him to have a skill level drop this quick and this steep.

Hopefully Las Vegas takes him from us. He's never going to be a huge liability, but he's not the same player that he was the first year after the blues traded for him. It's a shame to see him age so quickly.
I actually thought JBo looked good at the beginning of the season. Not last night though.

Online
User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18723
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by cardinalkarp »

TheoSqua wrote:Bouwmeester has looked really bad this year. He's lost an obvious step. I didn't expect him to have a skill level drop this quick and this steep.

Hopefully Las Vegas takes him from us. He's never going to be a huge liability, but he's not the same player that he was the first year after the blues traded for him. It's a shame to see him age so quickly.
But the people of Canada love him!!

Post Reply