Page 14 of 22

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 29 11, 11:57 pm
by redbirdjazzz
AdmiralKird wrote:
Cronos wrote:It's Berkman. Which is hilarious because he used to view Tony and the Cardinals as the Darth Vader of baseball.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, Lance thought. And I am very glad he did.
I'm really glad he got a WS ring with us. It's kind of funny we've taken players like Larry Walker and Lance Puma and they've womwhat become more cemented with the Cardinals than the ones they spent most of their careers with, Puma with the ring and Walker being involved with the Cardinals as a coach. I think once the reality of this WS sets in people generations from now will remember Berkman more for this team and his game six hit than his entire Astro's career. If I was getting a 2011 WS jersey I'd probably get Berkman's, although we kind of have different body types.
I ordered a Berkman shirt jersey with the World Series patch today.

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 30 11, 12:54 am
by AdmiralKird
Cronos wrote:It's Berkman. Which is hilarious because he used to view Tony and the Cardinals as the Darth Vader of baseball.

Different angle, in dugout.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?conte ... 2&c_id=mlb



Edit: Anyone know how to get MLB's flash system to embed?

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 30 11, 7:45 am
by clevername
they don't allow you to, you have to watch the video on their site. They think it will generate traffic/hits for them, but it just keeps sites from giving them free promotion for great MLB moments. It's idiotic.

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 30 11, 8:58 am
by Cronos
AdmiralKird wrote:Different angle, in dugout.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?conte ... 2&c_id=mlb
Hadn't seen that one, thanks for posting it.

I love it: Berkman saying "Do you believe that?!" to Tony after hugging him.

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 30 11, 8:59 am
by stlouie_lipp
I still can't believe it happened.

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 30 11, 9:02 am
by planet planet
redbirdjazzz wrote:
AdmiralKird wrote:
Cronos wrote:It's Berkman. Which is hilarious because he used to view Tony and the Cardinals as the Darth Vader of baseball.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, Lance thought. And I am very glad he did.
I'm really glad he got a WS ring with us. It's kind of funny we've taken players like Larry Walker and Lance Puma and they've womwhat become more cemented with the Cardinals than the ones they spent most of their careers with, Puma with the ring and Walker being involved with the Cardinals as a coach. I think once the reality of this WS sets in people generations from now will remember Berkman more for this team and his game six hit than his entire Astro's career. If I was getting a 2011 WS jersey I'd probably get Berkman's, although we kind of have different body types.
I ordered a Berkman shirt jersey with the World Series patch today.
I'm getting one today and was thinking Berkman, but I think I'm going with Carp.

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 30 11, 9:08 am
by Popeye_Card
AdmiralKird wrote:
Cronos wrote:It's Berkman. Which is hilarious because he used to view Tony and the Cardinals as the Darth Vader of baseball.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, Lance thought. And I am very glad he did.
I'm really glad he got a WS ring with us. It's kind of funny we've taken players like Larry Walker and Lance Puma and they've womwhat become more cemented with the Cardinals than the ones they spent most of their careers with, Puma with the ring and Walker being involved with the Cardinals as a coach. I think once the reality of this WS sets in people generations from now will remember Berkman more for this team and his game six hit than his entire Astro's career. If I was getting a 2011 WS jersey I'd probably get Berkman's, although we kind of have different body types.
Well he did hit a pretty big 3 run HR off of Carpenter in the 7th inning of NLCS Game 5 in 2005, putting Houston on the path to their first World Series berth. But no one really remembers that anymore.

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 30 11, 10:07 am
by in5in06
Best YouTube video I've seen so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJFMYlKdMz8

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 30 11, 10:36 am
by Popeye_Card
in5in06 wrote:Best YouTube video I've seen so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJFMYlKdMz8
Great complilation of clips. Can't wait for the DVD for this postseason.

Re: St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions

Posted: October 30 11, 10:36 am
by pioneer98
Well, game 7 was one of the most surreal things I've ever seen. My dad got tickets through the ticket lottery thing. Our seats were way out in the left field upper deck just foul of the foul pole, in the 2nd row.

We couldn't see the last few feet of left field or the left field wall. In the 6th inning when Cruz hit that ball to left it looked like it was going to be a sure home run from our seats. The stadium was real quiet while that ball was in the air. While I am thinking "here we go again", the rest of the stadium suddenly went nuts when Craig made the catch. The 4 sections up there by us in left field that couldn't see the play just stood there silent while the rest of the stadium was cheering. It was more of a strange feeling than a good feeling for me. It was the strangest moment I've been a part of at a sporting event.

I honestly can say I felt real lucky knowing I was going to get to see someone win the World Series in person, even if it wasn't "my" team that won. I just couldn't muster any dislike for the Rangers. Washington and Hamilton are great people, and deserved it as much as the Cardinals. If they had pulled it out, I would have stayed and cheered them, too. It's too bad this had to be against a team like that and not one of the many AL teams I dislike.

Image

The scene after the game was crazy. To name a few, I saw a person carrying around an orange construction cone, someone carrying a banner that had previously been on a light pole, and someone else riding on the roof of a car. I think I high-fived about 200 random people.

I have more pictures I can share when I get them posted to Fotki...