Hahaha I remember this. Once upon a time I was a huge Chicago Fire fan and devout supporter in Section 8. Temoc was no doubt a giant douche but still I've never had more fun rooting for any player in any sport.thrill wrote:In regards to his suspension, someone on twitter reminded me that Cuahtemoc Blanco headbutted the third ref in a USOC game and was banned from the tourney for three years and fined $7500 a few years ago. I doubt Clint is suspended for the Gold Cup unless they pull an NFL and punish him for PR reasons after their handling of Hope Solo came under criticism.
The USOC incident was against DCU, who had a pretty great rivalry with Chicago at the time. Blanco also allegedly eye-gouged Simms before the headbutt incident too. Then MLS controversially took down all video evidence from the Internet. Good times, good times.

