General Soccer Thread
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: General Soccer Thread
Chile and Argentina seems like they are playing at a higher level. Fast and getting after it.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: General Soccer Thread
Sunil Gulati hinted that a loss tonight might get Klinzy fired.
With that in mind, vamos los ticos?
With that in mind, vamos los ticos?
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: General Soccer Thread
I told my ma, a big soccer fan, that you might be disappointed in tonight's result.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: General Soccer Thread
Costa Rica playing that game in godawful Orlando on Sunday could not have helped their chances.
Looks like upper deck at soldiers field mostly empty. Stupid [expletive] Chicago
Looks like upper deck at soldiers field mostly empty. Stupid [expletive] Chicago
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: General Soccer Thread
It would've helped attendance if upper deck tickets weren't $90 dollars. That was in Orlando. Probably more for the US and in Chicago.
I wasn't disappointed in the game. There's no ridding ourselves of Klinzy before '18 so they might as well win. Plus I don't know how many more games like that Clint Dempsey has left and I'm going to enjoy them while I can.
I wasn't disappointed in the game. There's no ridding ourselves of Klinzy before '18 so they might as well win. Plus I don't know how many more games like that Clint Dempsey has left and I'm going to enjoy them while I can.
-
Gashouse
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5010
- Joined: June 15 06, 6:11 am
- Location: Minneapolis
Re: General Soccer Thread
I looked into tickets in Chicago. I don't remember exactly what they were, but it would have been at least $300 just to get me and 2 kids into nosebleed seats. Yeah, I want to be there for the experience and atmosphere, but that's way too much for me.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: General Soccer Thread
I'll be in France during Euro 2016. Might look for some reasonably priced tix.
-
MrSaigon
Re: General Soccer Thread
How do kids from Hawaii get to be world class soccer players? Ching was from Haleiva, FFS. There's nothing up there but shave ice, sea turtles and kitschy, wildly expensive art. But 17 goals between him and Wood, that's got to be high on the list of USMNT goals by state.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: General Soccer Thread
Don't forget Natasha Kai and the LEGEND, Zach Scott.MrSaigon wrote:How do kids from Hawaii get to be world class soccer players? Ching was from Haleiva, FFS. There's nothing up there but shave ice, sea turtles and kitschy, wildly expensive art. But 17 goals between him and Wood, that's got to be high on the list of USMNT goals by state.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: General Soccer Thread
How has KC surpassed StL as a soccer town?
