GRB Fantasy Football

Talk about fantasy sports here
Post Reply
User avatar
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
Posts: 28275
Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Location: Raptured

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

AdmiralKird wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:AdmiralKird drinking the haterade.
Two of your wins were squished out by 3.5 and 2 points. Just saying, you're less than a TD from sitting 3-4 right meow. I'm just waiting for your luck to run out.

Don't worry, you'll get me in two weeks at full strength.



And I will deal you pain.
I also had a loss by less than 1 point.

Bring the pain.

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by AdmiralKird »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
AdmiralKird wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:AdmiralKird drinking the haterade.
Two of your wins were squished out by 3.5 and 2 points. Just saying, you're less than a TD from sitting 3-4 right meow. I'm just waiting for your luck to run out.

Don't worry, you'll get me in two weeks at full strength.



And I will deal you pain.
I also had a loss by less than 1 point.

Bring the pain.
Oh [expletive] its on.

User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by Lesson »

I'm 4-4 after starting the season at 0-2 and I have no [expletive] clue how I'm at .500.

QBs: , Matt Cassel, Brett Favre

RBs: Pierre Thomas, Danny Woodhead, Christopher Ivoryain

WRs: Dwayne Bowe, Steve Smith(NYG), Danny Amendola, Danny Woodhead, Brandon LaFell

TE: Vernon Davis, Ben Watson

Kicker: Ryan Succop

Defenses/Special Teams: Falcons, Vikings

Defensive Players: James Laurinaitis, Karlos Dansby

I'm a [expletive] genius.

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by AdmiralKird »

Could you guys defend the pending trade that's going down? It doesn't make sense. It decreases the Hound Dog's per game point total by around 4 and increases the Pacifist's by around 11. It is horrendously one sided.

User avatar
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
Posts: 28275
Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Location: Raptured

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

AdmiralKird wrote:Could you guys defend the pending trade that's going down? It doesn't make sense. It decreases the Hound Dog's per game point total by around 4 and increases the Pacifist's by around 11. It is horrendously one sided.
I can't defend it because I vetoed it.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by JCShutout »

I threw out an offer and he accepted. I don't think its that off. Considering some of the offers I got (backup RB or a #3 wr for Rodgers/Big Ben), I figured why not.

Also, when I offered, yahoo said the point difference between our starting lineups would be like 12 for the rest of the year fwiw.

EDIT: I just redid it to see, and yahoo says I'll get about 6 extra points over 8 weeks, not 11 per game.

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by AdmiralKird »

JCShutout wrote:I threw out an offer and he accepted. I don't think its that off. Considering some of the offers I got (backup RB or a #3 wr for Rodgers/Big Ben), I figured why not.

Also, when I offered, yahoo said the point difference between our starting lineups would be like 12 for the rest of the year fwiw.

EDIT: I just redid it to see, and yahoo says I'll get about 6 extra points over 8 weeks, not 11 per game.
For Reference the trade is:
Hound Dogs.....................................Violent Pacifists
Frank Gore.......................................Knowshon Moreno
Reggie Wayne...................................Wes Welker
Brett Favre to Waivers.........................Aaron Rodgers


These are Yahoo's crazy projections. Yahoo still has Wes Welker gaining 10+ pts a game, he's averaging six in the games he's played, and that's not even taking into account his demise has a massive downward trend (Week1-Week8: 18.4, 9.8, 4.5, 7, 5.3, 2.5, 2.4). Yahoo also still has Ryan Fitzpatrick projecting 11pts per game when his lowest point total has been 16 something. The trade evaluator doesn't take into account value over waiver wire replacement players or having higher point earning bench players you can swap in for injuries. Reggie Wayne and Knowshon essentially have equal point value, ceteris paribus though an elite WR is more valuable than an average RB b/c of value over replacement. Aaron Rodgers is a 4.5pt replacement over the average QB. Thus the real meat of the trade is essentially a flipping of Wes Welker (6pts) for Frank Gore (16pts) avg, the overall 7th pick.

The whole trade is nuts. That said, you're also stacked with three high-rated QB's and only one slot to play one each week. Any manager you trade with should realize you're getting zero value from two elite players each week and thus you should have to sell one at somewhat of a discount. With this trade you're essentially taking a #1 round pick from another team and giving up nothing. Trades should marginally improve both teams, not steal from one.

I've vetoed with ICE; others should do the same. With this trade the Violent Pacifists would become a 100pt juggernaut every week and completely unbalance whats been a very close league.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by JCShutout »

Kird, you're welcome to your opinion, though I disagree with your analysis.

I expected a counter offer and didn't get one, so that's fwiw.

I do think you saying that I should sell at a discount when I'm selling to people with terrible QBs (so should they sell at a discount too?) doesn't make sense. Why would I trade an elite QB for a guy who has an equivalent or 7 on the waiver wire? Sure, I can't play them all, but I'm not going to give them away for crap players.

Rodgers may be a 5 point edge over a regular QB, but he's a 10-12 point edge over Farve or Hasselbeck. He's also a 5 point edge over Big Ben or Fitz. I would be giving up a lot there.

So if Hasselbeck to Rodgers is +11/12, and Wayne to Welker is -4, and Gore to Moreno is -4, then he is up 3/4 per week.

If Rodgers to Big Ben is -5, Welker to Wayne is +4, and Moreno to Gore is +4, I'm up 3-4 points/week.

Wow, that's uneven.

Additionally, I would have given up the 13th overall pick for the 7th, swapping Moreno and Wayne, who you even said are similar in value, and throwing in Welker, who is a solid WR2/flex, to make up for that value.

If you disagree, fine, but its not like I offered... well, what others have offered me.

Anyways, QBs still for sale after the veto, and I don't want your backup runningbacks or borderline flex WRs.

People make trades to improve themselves. Its an even league, yeah, but everyone is trying to make moves to get better. It is kind of silly to criticize for that.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by Jocephus »

f this team and this league

getting destroyed by a guy who doesn't even have a TE

User avatar
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
Posts: 28275
Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Location: Raptured

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Jocephus wrote:f this team and this league

getting destroyed by a guy who doesn't even have a TE
I hear you. All but 1 of my players played below their projections. My opponent has all but 1 player above projection.

Post Reply