GRB Fantasy Football

Talk about fantasy sports here
Post Reply
User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by Lesson »

81 points from Cassel and Bowe combined. I am a genius.

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by AdmiralKird »

cardslesson101 wrote:81 points from Cassel and Bowe combined. I am very lucky. Eventually my lack of diversification is going to come to haunt me.
Fixed that for you.

User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by Lesson »

AdmiralKird wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:81 points from Cassel and Bowe combined. I am very lucky. Eventually my lack of diversification is going to come to haunt me.
Fixed that for you.
Heh. I'm on a five game winning streak now after I started 0-2. I'm in the only div in my league that has every team above .500 and I'm battling for the last spot in the playoffs.

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by AdmiralKird »

cardslesson101 wrote:
AdmiralKird wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:81 points from Cassel and Bowe combined. I am very lucky. Eventually my lack of diversification is going to come to haunt me.
Fixed that for you.
Heh. I'm on a five game winning streak now after I started 0-2. I'm in the only div in my league that has every team above .500 and I'm battling for the last spot in the playoffs.
Just because you're winning or that your strategy pays off doesn't mean you're right.

User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by Lesson »

AdmiralKird wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:
AdmiralKird wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:81 points from Cassel and Bowe combined. I am very lucky. Eventually my lack of diversification is going to come to haunt me.
Fixed that for you.
Heh. I'm on a five game winning streak now after I started 0-2. I'm in the only div in my league that has every team above .500 and I'm battling for the last spot in the playoffs.
Just because you're winning or that your strategy pays off doesn't mean you're right.
True. I'm not saying I'm right when the guys I got in return for Brees have done nothing for my team(Pierre Thomas, Favre, Steve Smith(NYG)). In fact, I have one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. I'm lucky that I'm about to be 6-4.

User avatar
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
Posts: 28275
Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Location: Raptured

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

AdmiralKird wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:81 points from Cassel and Bowe combined. I am very lucky. Eventually my lack of diversification is going to come to haunt me.
Fixed that for you.
Bowe has been very valuable over the last 6 or 7 weeks. Cassell on the other hand... I wouldn't start him against TCU's defense.

User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by Lesson »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
AdmiralKird wrote:
cardslesson101 wrote:81 points from Cassel and Bowe combined. I am very lucky. Eventually my lack of diversification is going to come to haunt me.
Fixed that for you.
Bowe has been very valuable over the last 6 or 7 weeks. Cassell on the other hand... I wouldn't start him against TCU's defense.
It was either him or Sanchez(who I traded Fave for). I didn't think Sanchez would put up good numbers against the Browns(he did have 27 points, though). I felt like Cassel was going to have a big day against the Broncos D.

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by TheoSqua »

Luck has a bit to do with fantasy football. I won the league last year, i'm in last place this year. it's not like I suddenly forgot how to draft and manage rosters.

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by AdmiralKird »

Luck has a lot to do with fantasy football. Draft day is essentially the day your team wins or loses and you don't even know it. Players will get hurt, flame out, rise from low ranks to high. The first two factors are completely unknown and out of your control, but you can pickup rising stars. Every move you make with regards to lineups and picking up replacement players is an educated wild guess. It doesn't matter the level of talent you accumulate. Coaches will design gameplans to get certain players the ball more often on offense or pack defenders on other players on defense. This changes every week and fantasy managers are completely in the dark. It's a crap shoot. A good manager can expect to add maybe only one win a fantasy season over the next replacement manager because of how the system is designed.

Now if you were able to find a less arcadey football game than Madden, draft players, play a season, you'd have real fantasy football where being a good gm/coach/coordinator would allow you to consistently win over the average manager.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by Jocephus »

im realizing i shouldn't have drafted randy moss

Post Reply