Page 20 of 27
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 12:51 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Farewell Friends wrote:I bet Vegas made a killing on KU-Oregon. Public money had to be 85-15 on KU -6.5.
I can't believe Oregon, losing it's big man in the Pac12 tourney, made it to the final four. How were they a 3 seed?
Also, UK opened as a 3 point dog and is now only 2. A big part of me thinks that they should be favored. My bro in law and I filled out his bracket together and he's in a like $1200 total pool. If UNC wins, he makes the money. I keep telling him he should bet at least 3rd place money on UK but he's too afraid to gamble. I keep telling him it is not gambling. If UK wins, he'll win 3rd place money. If UNC wins by 1 or 2, he'll win money on the bet and in the pool. And, if UNC wins by more than 2, he'll win money in the pool to, at a minimum cover his loss. Feel like I'm banging my head on a wall trying to make him money.
](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 3:26 pm
by Tim
Why do I have the urge to listen to Cracked Rear View right now?
In all seriousness wtf is going on in SC right now?
College World Series - Coastal Carolina
College Football Championship - Clemson
College Basketball Champsionship -???
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 5:04 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
this ky unc game is a good one
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 5:18 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Tim, is Malik Monk the most anti-clutch player ever in the history of the world?
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 5:24 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Tim, is Malik Monk the most anti-clutch player ever in the history of the world?
LOL the jinx is real!
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 5:29 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Farewell Friends wrote:I bet Vegas made a killing on KU-Oregon. Public money had to be 85-15 on KU -6.5.
I can't believe Oregon, losing it's big man in the Pac12 tourney, made it to the final four. How were they a 3 seed?
Also, UK opened as a 3 point dog and is now only 2. A big part of me thinks that they should be favored. My bro in law and I filled out his bracket together and he's in a like $1200 total pool. If UNC wins, he makes the money. I keep telling him he should bet at least 3rd place money on UK but he's too afraid to gamble. I keep telling him it is not gambling. If UK wins, he'll win 3rd place money. If UNC wins by 1 or 2, he'll win money on the bet and in the pool. And, if UNC wins by more than 2, he'll win money in the pool to, at a minimum cover his loss. Feel like I'm banging my head on a wall trying to make him money.
MY B-I-L not taking UK +3
Me taking UK +3
[expletive] Malik Monk. That was awesome.
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 5:41 pm
by Tim
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Tim, is Malik Monk the most anti-clutch player ever in the history of the world?
Nah bro.
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 5:42 pm
by Tim
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Tim, is Malik Monk the most anti-clutch player ever in the history of the world?
LOL the jinx is real!
Ha. Caught it.
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 5:42 pm
by Tim
Glad Monk's career in college is over. Maybe Arkansans can get on with their lives now.
Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
Posted: March 26 17, 6:30 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Tim wrote:Glad Monk's career in college is over. Maybe Arkansans can get on with their lives now.
To be honest, I haven't heard much around here. There was 1 day on the drive home that I had 103.7 on, don't know if you ever listened to them, but they have this guy on from 5-530 who is a some type of high school football player rater for one of those websites I think rivals. Anyway, he does it for basketball too I think but his bread and butter is football and they talk about football 80% of the time even during basketball season so ... it's a football show. Anyway, he made a statement, as innocent as it was, that Ben Simmons went 1st in the NBA draft and holy [expletive] [expletive] god damned mother [expletive]....that opened the floodgates for people to chime in about how monk should have come to Arkansas and [expletive] him and blah blah blah. I mean, it wasn't too nasty. But the guy goes...I didn't think I'd end up spending half an hour talking about Malik Monk. And, I don't want to.
The sentiment is still there, but it's just kind of not talked about.
Anyway, those 3's were huge and I'm glad KY covered.