GRB Fantasy Football

Talk about fantasy sports here
User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by AdmiralKird »

I shouldn't have won this week (baring a 27pt RB upset), but neither should my opponent so I guess I luck out. Seriously, my point leader was my kicker.

Three of my all-stars have suddenly fallen off a cliff for dumb reasons. DeSean Jackson, Anquan Boldin, and Darren McFadden all combined for about 12pts this week after combining for 9pts the previous. DeSean is not giving enough effort, Anquan is...?, and the Raiders can't get the ball for more than 18 minutes on offense.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by JCShutout »

clevername wrote:Chris Johnson and Dez Bryant combined for half a point.

again, I really do hate fantasy football.
THat helped me, but this week I play a team that scored 140 last week. You have chances to get back into the last playoff spot.

Ice and The Ducks are almost certain to have a spot due to ICE's record and last 2 games against bottom feeders and the Ducks' high point total and one game against a bottom-feeder. One would have to lose out AND all of 1stfromthebottom, violent pacifists and lazybums would have to win out for either of the top 2 to miss the playoffs.

I think 4th place will come down to the last week, and 3rd place might as well, though 1stfromthebottom could essentially wrap it up with a high scoring win this week. I am worried that I'm going to be on the outside looking in. I face the Ducks this week, which, despite the yahoo predictions of a close win for me, I think the Ducks have the MUCH stronger team as Foster, Mendenhall and TJones should really outscore SJax, Moreno and Green-Ellis/FJax.

User avatar
redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4921
Joined: April 17 06, 10:50 am
Location: Columbia, MO

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by redbirdjazzz »

JCShutout wrote:
clevername wrote:Chris Johnson and Dez Bryant combined for half a point.

again, I really do hate fantasy football.
THat helped me, but this week I play a team that scored 140 last week. You have chances to get back into the last playoff spot.

Ice and The Ducks are almost certain to have a spot due to ICE's record and last 2 games against bottom feeders and the Ducks' high point total and one game against a bottom-feeder. One would have to lose out AND all of 1stfromthebottom, violent pacifists and lazybums would have to win out for either of the top 2 to miss the playoffs.

I think 4th place will come down to the last week, and 3rd place might as well, though 1stfromthebottom could essentially wrap it up with a high scoring win this week. I am worried that I'm going to be on the outside looking in. I face the Ducks this week, which, despite the yahoo predictions of a close win for me, I think the Ducks have the MUCH stronger team as Foster, Mendenhall and TJones should really outscore SJax, Moreno and Green-Ellis/FJax.
I wish I could've saved some of those points for a time I need them more than last week. I don't think I can count on 35 points from Bowe again.

User avatar
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
Posts: 28275
Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Location: Raptured

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

I scored the 4th most points this week in the league and lost by 63. TheoSqua scored a million bajillion schmillion points.

This week is huge for The Rabid Ducks, 1st From the Bottom, Lazy Bums, Violent Pacifists and myself. Nobody with a playoff berth on the line is playing each other.

User avatar
letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3654
Joined: April 17 06, 7:35 pm
Location: Too close for missiles, switching to guns

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by letsgocards89 »

If I can beat the Lazy Bums and Thrilla can pull off the upset against 1st From The Bottom I can back into the playoffs

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by JCShutout »

An interesting week in which Theo (166+ points) beat ICE, Mullets beat 1stfromthebottom (who drop from 3rd to 5th due to tie breakers), and I (Pacifists) beat the Ducks leaves no one having officially claimed a playoff spot going into the last week.

7 out of 12 teams are still technically in the playoff picture (top 4 make it):

Code: Select all

1)BountyhunterICE    9-4-0  1207 PF
2)The Rabid Ducks    8-5-0  1313 PF
3)Violent Pacifists  8-5-0  1257 PF
4)lazy bums          8-5-0  1183 PF
5)1stfromthebottom   8-5-0  1168 PF
6)Camero Mullets     7-6-0  1205 PF
7)Combat Wombats     7-6-0  1191 PF
Interestingly, only the lazy bums and Camero Mullets play each other from this group.

ICE will make it unless he loses and ALL of the 8-5-0 teams below him win, AND the lazy bums outscore him by 25. Plus ICE has a good matchup. He is essentially in.

The Ducks will make it in unless they lose AND all of the 8-5-0 teams below them win, OR if their record is matched (win or lose) by all the 8-5-0 teams AND they are outscored by 57, 130 and 145. Plus they have a good matchup. They are essentially in.

After that it gets muddy, as any of the next teams losing can destroy their playoff hopes. While 1stfromthebottom has the lowest point total of the playoff crowd, they have the easiest matchup against a 3-10-0 team. The 8-5-0 teams with the most points have the toughest matchups (VP vs. a 6-7-0 Thunderbolts team and bums vs. mullets)

We'll see!

EDIT: A few of you beat me to some of this. I was typing this over 20 minutes while starting and stoping working. Don't tell my boss.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by JCShutout »

I'm bored at work, so why not, GRB footballa's pro v3 by the numbers:

Code: Select all

Quarterbacks:

Highest Drafted:      Aaron Rodgers 13th        (Violent Pacifists)
Highest Scoring:      Aaron Rodgers 263 pts     (Violent Pacifists)
Most Passing Yards:   Peyton Manning 3709       (STL Thunderbolts)
Most Passing TD:      Tom Brady 37              (Theosqua)
Most Rushing Yards:   Michael Vick 467          (lazy bums)
Most Rushing TD:      Michael Vick 6            (lazy bums)

Runningbacks:

Highest Drafted:        Chris Johnson 1st      (lazy bums)
Highest Scoring:        Arian Foster 256 pts   (The Rabid Ducks)
Most Rushing Yards:     Arian Foster 1230      (The Rabid Ducks)
Most Rushing TD:        Arian Foster 13        (The Rabid Ducks)
Most Receiving Yards:   LeSean McCoy 534       (Theosqua)
Most Receiving TD:      Knowshon Moreno 3      (Violent Pacifists)

Wide Receivers:

Highest Drafted:       Andre Johnson 8th       (Theosqua)
Highest Scoring:       Dwayne Bowe 172 pts     (The Rabid Ducks)
Most Receiving Yards:  Brandon Lloyd 1153      (Camero Mullets)
Most Receiving TD:     Dwayne Bowe 14          (The Rabid Ducks)
Most Rushing Yards:    Danny Woodhead 355      (Hound Dog)
Most Rushing TD:       Danny Woodhead 3        (Hound Dog)

Tight Ends:

Highest Drafted:       Dallas Clark 29th         (1stfromthebottom)
Highest Scoring:       Antonio Gates 138 pts     (STL Thunderbolts)
Most Receiving Yards:  Antonio Gates 782         (STL Thunderbolts)
Most Receiving TD:     Antonio Gates 10          (STL Thunderbolts)

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by AdmiralKird »

My team is finally strutting its stuff, but its just a bridge too far... I mean, theoretically I could still make it. I'd need the Vikings D and Anquan Boldin to tear it up Monday Night, about 40pts between the two, and Andre Johnson would have to score ~5pts or less.

What I find really odd is NONE of the currently sitting 9-5 teams have scored more points this year than ANY of the 8-6 teams, or even the top 7-7 team.

1st from the bottom appears to regained its seed in the top four.

The fight for the third/fourth playoff slot is quite heated. Looks like the Violent Pacifists are going to pull it out with a Monday Night win.

Lazy Bums is an interesting Case. They currently sit #1 seed, however, even a mediocre 11pt performance by Matt Shaub this evening would drop the Bums all the way to 7th in the league. This means the Rabid Ducks will likely slide in to the fourth slot.

My Projections:

ICE
1st From the Bottom
Violent Pacifists
Rabid Ducks

Wombats
Mullets
Bums
Thunderbolts

User avatar
clevername
Bringer of FRBG
Posts: 10380
Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by clevername »

my own damn fault. I had Deion Branch in the W/R position and took him out when all the weather stuff for that game came up and "unable to even play catch before the game" was reported.

Again, I really do hate fantasy football.

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: GRB Fantasy Football

Post by TheoSqua »

Guess my team used up its allotment of points last week...

Post Reply