Page 24 of 1200

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 9:36 am
by JL21
At least it's letterboxed.

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 9:40 am
by omaha_red
JL21 wrote:At least it's letterboxed.
that did help

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 9:50 am
by Jocephus
ok...so i JUST signed up for netflix and Witless Protection is an area fan favorite for wichita ks...what are you doing wichita??!

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 2:09 pm
by lukethedrifter
Saw October Sky and What We Lost In The Fire last night.


October Sky was a standard biopic starring one of maddash's mancrushes that told the story of Homer Hickam, the hillbilly son of a West Virginnie coalminer who became a NASA scientist. The best part was seeing it on commericial cable where they showed six and seven minute UNINTERRUPTED stretches of the film separated by only 3 and 4 minutes of commercial break.
I can't believe some science geek stole his display!!

What We Lost In The Fire made me wonder if sex maniac David Duchovny kept trying to hump up against Halle Berry. Or if being a sex addict means he chased the homely counter girl at Walgreen's. Hmm?
I love the way WWLITF was shot. Lots of great shadows, not infrequently between Ms Berry's breasts. The story was a bit hokey and overmanipulated but there were some really great scenes and it was well worth watching.

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 2:16 pm
by maddash
lukethedrifter wrote: October Sky was a standard biopic starring one of maddash's mancrushes
Chris Cooper?

I watched Modern Times the other night, which I hadn't seen in years. I forgot how hot Paulette Goddard was in it, and I also forgot there's a scene where Chaplin's character inadvertently snorts cocaine.

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 2:47 pm
by ghostrunner
omaha_red wrote:
JL21 wrote:At least it's letterboxed.
that did help
I wouldn't be surprised if by "letterboxed," they mean they actually went back and cropped the bottom and the top.

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 2:52 pm
by TimeForGuinness
I watched Real Genius again last night...that movie keeps getting better the more I watch it.

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 3:02 pm
by omaha_red
TimeForGuinness wrote:I watched Real Genius again last night...that movie keeps getting better the more I watch it.

it's the gift that keeps on giving all year round Clark..

it's my wife's favorite movie.. right before "the 'burbs"

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 3:10 pm
by TimeForGuinness
omaha_red wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:I watched Real Genius again last night...that movie keeps getting better the more I watch it.

it's the gift that keeps on giving all year round Clark..

it's my wife's favorite movie.. right before "the 'burbs"
"There go the goddamn brownies"
"Run toward water! RUN TOWARDS WATER!"
"I want to kill everyone...Satan is good...Satan is our pal."

Re: Recently viewed movies

Posted: January 13 09, 3:13 pm
by omaha_red
TimeForGuinness wrote:
omaha_red wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:I watched Real Genius again last night...that movie keeps getting better the more I watch it.

it's the gift that keeps on giving all year round Clark..

it's my wife's favorite movie.. right before "the 'burbs"
"There go the [expletive] brownies"
"Run toward water! RUN TOWARDS WATER!"
"I want to kill everyone...Satan is good...Satan is our pal."
I've never seen that. I've never seen anybody drive their garbage down to the street and bang the hell out of it with a stick. I-I've never seen that.