It may be only really transmitted if the infected person sneezes or coughs while not being masked. But once again - there's no good info I've seen on this stuff to understands how it spreads.heyzeus wrote: ↑October 13 21, 1:00 pmThis is purely anecdotal, but while Delta has raged in Texas, I have been unwittingly exposed to Covid during indoors meetings twice, both times by a vaccinated person who was not masked. Both times everyone else in that room got tested, and nobody else was infected.
Coronavirus
- AdmiralKird
- MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
- Posts: 10174
- Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
- Location: Tycho Crater, Luna
Re: Coronavirus
If you're vaccinated and have the delta is your peak viral count greater or less than an unvaccinated from 2020 with regular covid19? It would be great if the CDC could be useful in doing basic tests like this to provide information for pandemic planners.
- G. Keenan
- Sucking on the Rally Nipple
- Posts: 23718
- Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
- Location: Chicago
Re: Coronavirus
More data coming in showing how much better off vaccinated people of all ages are when it comes to 1) getting infected in the first place, and 2) dying. The period being measured here is the month of August while Delta was surging. This bit really stood out.
That is a cohort with a lot of people who think they don't need to be vaccinated because of their age. They should think again.
Source:
New CDC data reinforces the benefits of getting vaccinated
I think that might be an error and the quote should say 37 times more likely to die based on the chart.Among those aged 30 to 49, the unvaccinated were 39 times more likely to die.
That is a cohort with a lot of people who think they don't need to be vaccinated because of their age. They should think again.
Source:
New CDC data reinforces the benefits of getting vaccinated
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Coronavirus
UGH. I am almost not even in that age range anymore. LOLG. Keenan wrote: ↑October 15 21, 2:12 pmMore data coming in showing how much better off vaccinated people of all ages are when it comes to 1) getting infected in the first place, and 2) dying. The period being measured here is the month of August while Delta was surging. This bit really stood out.
I think that might be an error and the quote should say 37 times more likely to die based on the chart.Among those aged 30 to 49, the unvaccinated were 39 times more likely to die.
That is a cohort with a lot of people who think they don't need to be vaccinated because of their age. They should think again.
Source:
New CDC data reinforces the benefits of getting vaccinated
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43280
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Coronavirus
I have read way too many accounts of people my age (not old but also no longer young!) who are otherwise healthy in the way that middle aged people are just flat out dying. It's insane. I understand that people in their 80s die of pneumonia or flu or in this case Covid. You never want it to happen, but it happens. I'm very thankful for the vaccine, and living in a place where it was free and accessible to me and the people I love.G. Keenan wrote: ↑October 15 21, 2:12 pmMore data coming in showing how much better off vaccinated people of all ages are when it comes to 1) getting infected in the first place, and 2) dying. The period being measured here is the month of August while Delta was surging. This bit really stood out.
I think that might be an error and the quote should say 37 times more likely to die based on the chart.Among those aged 30 to 49, the unvaccinated were 39 times more likely to die.
That is a cohort with a lot of people who think they don't need to be vaccinated because of their age. They should think again.
Source:
New CDC data reinforces the benefits of getting vaccinated
- AdmiralKird
- MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
- Posts: 10174
- Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
- Location: Tycho Crater, Luna
Re: Coronavirus
The death rate disparity between the vaccinated and unvaccinated will keep increasing the younger you get due to the place on the bell curve where cases with a chance of mortal danger take place.
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Re: Coronavirus
I just really wish we could skate through this without having to vax our kids, or at least not for a few more years, you know? I'll do it, but not without a bit of trepidation. The story a few months ago was kids weren't good transmitters and almost entirely unaffected by the virus. I'll be the first to say it, ever: Coronavirus kind of sucks.
- wart57
- just can't quit you.
- Posts: 25075
- Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
- Location: Lost
Re: Coronavirus
My entire family got Covid last month - the kids were fine - my wife was terrible - didn't get out of bed for a week. I had a bad headache and fatigue - didn't miss a full day of work - working from home is good - I took care of the whole family. I honestly feel like I have had worse cases of the flu - but my wife had her ass handed to her.
My attitude when I am sick is I ain't got time to be sick - so I just power through things.
My wife's attitude is she thinks she is going to die every time she gets sick - so it really wasn't a surprise to me how we both dealt with the rona.
My wife's 81 year old uncle just died from the Virus - he is in North Carolina - he was vaccinated back when he had a stent put in his heart sometime earlier in the year.
It really does hit different people differently.
My attitude when I am sick is I ain't got time to be sick - so I just power through things.
My wife's attitude is she thinks she is going to die every time she gets sick - so it really wasn't a surprise to me how we both dealt with the rona.
My wife's 81 year old uncle just died from the Virus - he is in North Carolina - he was vaccinated back when he had a stent put in his heart sometime earlier in the year.
It really does hit different people differently.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Coronavirus
Sorry to hear about your uncle wart.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: Coronavirus
I got my COVID booster this afternoon. The pharmacist told me to expect symptoms similar to my 2nd dose. I didn’t really have any then, and three hours in, I haven’t had any yet. And, I got a $10 grocery store gift card, so I got that going for me.
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31029
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
Re: Coronavirus
I’m going to wait for better incentives. I feel like I rushed in the first time around and missed out on a chance to win millions in Ohio’s lottery program.
But I did live, which is nice I guess.
But I did live, which is nice I guess.




