movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
omaha_red
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12963
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: toning it done

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by omaha_red »

heyzeus wrote:You just want to see her boobies again.
++

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Jocephus »

ive recently watched:

war, inc - 2 stars
all the presidents men - 4 stars
gacy - 2 stars
charlie wilsons war - 3 stars
the last boy scout - 3 stars
the meaning of life (monty python) - 3 stars

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by G. Keenan »

omaha_red wrote:
heyzeus wrote:You just want to see her boobies again.
++
Off the top of my head I can't think of any better looking 44 year olds than her.

User avatar
PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10370
Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
Location: north county, stl
Contact:

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by PujolJunkie »

Saw the cheesy horror flick The Unborn over the weekend. The plot was surprisingly good for a bad movie. Just horribly played out. Odette Yustman was epic hot. So was Meagan Good.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by lukethedrifter »

Saw Trans-Siberian the other night. Somewhat entertaining but a post viewing check of Rotten Tomatoes revealed mostly raves which I didn't get. The premise was pretty good but things just felt a bit overly manipulated.

I give it a meh backed with a why not?

User avatar
The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.
Posts: 8935
Joined: July 17 06, 1:00 pm

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by The Third Man »

My damn DVD player busted within the past week or so, it skips everything now. I tried cleaning it to no avail, so I went ahead and ordered a new one for $45 last night, the Philips DVP5140. Not an improvement technically from my current player, but it's region-free, which opens up a whole new market for me (and will make me even more broke than I already am most likely).

User avatar
omaha_red
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12963
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: toning it done

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by omaha_red »

The Third Man wrote:My damn DVD player busted within the past week or so, it skips everything now. I tried cleaning it to no avail, so I went ahead and ordered a new one for $45 last night, the Philips DVP5140. Not an improvement technically from my current player, but it's region-free, which opens up a whole new market for me (and will make me even more broke than I already am most likely).
if i did a region-free dvd player i'd never leave my house

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by JL21 »

omaha_red wrote:
The Third Man wrote:My damn DVD player busted within the past week or so, it skips everything now. I tried cleaning it to no avail, so I went ahead and ordered a new one for $45 last night, the Philips DVP5140. Not an improvement technically from my current player, but it's region-free, which opens up a whole new market for me (and will make me even more broke than I already am most likely).
if i did a region-free dvd player i'd never leave my house
For only $28, you can be a shut-in.

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-DVD-224-Comp ... B000261N6M

The beauty of this thing is that if it breaks, who cares? You just spend $28 more.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Freed Roger »

omaha_red wrote: if i did a region-free dvd player i'd never leave my house
what is this "region-free" of which ye speaketh?

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Arthur Dent »

Freed Roger wrote:what is this "region-free" of which ye speaketh?
DVDs have region codes intended to prevent you from playing DVDs you bought in other markets (say Europe, Japan, etc.). Some countries' courts have ruled this to be an illegal trade practice. A region free player simply ignores the code.
Last edited by Arthur Dent on January 21 09, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply