Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Coronavirus

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Don't usually post stuff from msm but here's a washington post article that does, in fact, have four good graphs showing how cases have decoupled from deaths/hospitalizations and how london, a highly vaxxed area, saw almost no increase in death with a massive surge of cases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/i ... lizations/

The graphs are almost identical to what john burn murdoch out of south africa was posting at the time south africa was going through this, though they gave him no credit

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30813
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ghostrunner »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑
January 9 22, 2:30 am

If we're waiting on hospitals as the last piece of the puzzle, it may be a while.
To be fair that was sort of the original public health pitch to begin with. Flatten the curve to relieve hospitals and the medical care system.

That tweet from Hutchinson is what I’m talking about. If the messaging on one hand is our hospitals are slammed and you need to take precautions - which perfectlyreasonable people will believe and accept - then to resume normal living people need some reassurance (from credible people) that contingency measures are ready to go. I’m not sure I believe it right now, so I need to see it.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43272
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Coronavirus

Post by heyzeus »

Welp now I have the rona. I’m fine, but it hit like a yucky flu yesterday with chills and aches and fever. Feeling better overall today.

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24268
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
January 9 22, 10:40 am
Welp now I have the rona. I’m fine, but it hit like a yucky flu yesterday with chills and aches and fever. Feeling better overall today.
Welcome to the club!

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Coronavirus

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
January 9 22, 10:40 am
Welp now I have the rona. I’m fine, but it hit like a yucky flu yesterday with chills and aches and fever. Feeling better overall today.
Glad you're feeling better, crazy you got it so long after little zeus though. Do you think you picked up somewhere else or it just took that long, what was it 2 weeks?, to show up?

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Arthur Dent »

There was a line a mile out the door at the local Walgreens for COVID testing here in Austin. Plenty of options to get exposed right now, including waiting in that line.

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62277
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Radbird »

Radbird wrote: ↑
January 5 22, 10:01 am
I’ve gone from knowing only a few people with COVID to seemingly everyone I know testing positive. Our daughter’s school is ravaged by it, as well as the school Mrs Rad volunteers at, our church, our neighbors, many of our friends and both of our extended families.

Both of the kid’s roommates tested positive but she is still expected to report to work because she is still rapid testing negative where a year ago she would’ve had to quarantine. It’s placing massive stress & anxiety on her because she is living with 2 active cases and worried about possibly infecting her students and coworkers. The school did pool PCR testing yesterday and she’s waiting on those results. At this point she says her life would be easier if she just tested positive.

I guess if you’re going to eventually get it, catch it while omicron is raging with its milder symptoms. Who knows what characteristics future variants will have.
Since this post, she tested negative at home two more times. There was a snow day on Friday and then an email from her school saying there was a mixup at the testing company and her pool PCR test expired, so no result. She found another place to take a PCR test and got negative results yesterday. She felt like crap overnight so took another rapid test this morning and finally tested positive.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43272
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Coronavirus

Post by heyzeus »

I'm still feeling like i have a mild case of the flu. Some aches, some coughing. My breathing and oxygen levels are fine. Thankfully no one else in my family seems to have been infected by me yet. Not sure where I picked it up, maybe work? It's literally everywhere now.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jocephus »

one of my nieces got it over the last few days. she's 14 (i think) and not showing symptoms. surprisingly, or not, the first covid infection amongst my main family unit, etc.

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24268
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 8:57 am
I'm still feeling like i have a mild case of the flu. Some aches, some coughing. My breathing and oxygen levels are fine. Thankfully no one else in my family seems to have been infected by me yet. Not sure where I picked it up, maybe work? It's literally everywhere now.
Yeah it is. Maybe time to stand down on the heavy restrictions. Herd immunity is upon us or close to it.

Post Reply