Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Coronavirus

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

cardinalkarp wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 2:33 pm
GeddyWrox wrote: ↑
January 10 22, 12:44 pm
OK, I think we may have our first + person in my house now, too. My 16 year old is congested and has a headache. Different than her normal allergy type symptoms. Multiple friends have tested positive over the weekend. I can't find a test anywhere though. I'm going to assume she's + at this point.

Question: What are the best OTC vitamins/supplements? I'm not talking anything whacky like Ivermectin (take any snark about this to the politics thread, plz). I am talking just normal immune boosting stuff. Vitamin C and D, I assume. Anything else? And we're doing Tylenol for the headache. Anything else?

@AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Zinc
Quercetin (helps bioavailability of zinc)
NAC
NAD+

And honestly, I would lay off the Tylenol for the fever unless the fever gets really high 102+) as a fever is the body combating the illness.
Glad to see you back, karp!

Agree with your list.

@GeddyWrox I'd also say for a 16 year old that's vaxxed, you probably don't need much more than sleep and vit c&d.

There seems to be growing agreement that fevers are good for the body to fight viruses though it's been a while since I looked into all that.

User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31027
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Popeye_Card »

Welcome back, karp. I hope that you didn't return to catch up on baseball news, because you can hit the snooze button on that for another 6 months or so.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GeddyWrox »

Popeye_Card wrote: ↑
January 11 22, 9:07 am
Welcome back, karp. I hope that you didn't return to catch up on baseball news, because you can hit the snooze button on that for another 6 months or so.
But do stop by the poll and record your vote on when you think the stoppage will end. It's for posterity!!! LOL

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Coronavirus

Post by G. Keenan »

Same. Welcome back homie!

Online
User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18725
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cardinalkarp »

Thanks everyone, I’ll definitely be treading lightly in these COVID threads. While my opinions haven’t changed on the issues, the back and forth wasn’t good for anyone and I think we all know where we stand at this point.

Glad to hear everyone is either staying safe or fighting off COVID when they come in contact w/ it.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43279
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Coronavirus

Post by heyzeus »

cardinalkarp wrote: ↑
January 11 22, 10:30 am
Thanks everyone, I’ll definitely be treading lightly in these COVID threads. While my opinions haven’t changed on the issues, the back and forth wasn’t good for anyone and I think we all know where we stand at this point.

Glad to hear everyone is either staying safe or fighting off COVID when they come in contact w/ it.
I'm happy to see your virtual face here, amigo.

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24269
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

cardinalkarp wrote: ↑
January 11 22, 10:30 am
Thanks everyone, I’ll definitely be treading lightly in these COVID threads. While my opinions haven’t changed on the issues, the back and forth wasn’t good for anyone and I think we all know where we stand at this point.

Glad to hear everyone is either staying safe or fighting off COVID when they come in contact w/ it.
welcome back karp!

Online
User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18725
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cardinalkarp »

Thanks fellas, went back through some posts.

Glad to hear you guys are both doing okay after (and current) bouts w/ COVID.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jocephus »

mesa county colorado had 532 cases yesterday, a new high for us. we're at 17% positivity in 1 week. hospital beds and icu beds in the red as far as capacity (per the county health covid dashboard). this is anti-vax territory and we're at 54% with at least one dose. i realize this variant spreads like a MF'er but still crazy to see.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GeddyWrox »

My daughter's PCR came back negative. Must've just been a nasty cold bug.

Post Reply