Coronavirus
- Leroy
- a bad penny always turns up
- Posts: 25225
- Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
- Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
- Contact:
Re: Coronavirus
3M is pretty much a pos company but they know how to make bank.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: Coronavirus
When I said I was going to "do my own research" about the virus, this is what I meant.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Coronavirus
Mrs. AW caught the covid...again. Within the span of 10 months that’s 2 infections and 2 vaccines for her. Zero infections for
me not that anyone is counting.
Need to get her some weed apparently lol
me not that anyone is counting.
Need to get her some weed apparently lol
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Coronavirus
Hope she has few symptoms and a speedy recovery!
-
Superorganism
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 1021
- Joined: October 21 20, 8:13 am
Re: Coronavirus
That’s pretty hilarious. He earned my follow.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Coronavirus
Thanks.
I make light of the situation, but she actually feels terrible. Same symptoms - general [expletive] - as the first go around but with a bad headache to go with it.
She took a rapid at home test and it was positive.
Given how bad she felt she thought it might actually be the flu, as you can test positive on the at home tests with the flu apparently, though covid being everywhere as well as also being vaxxed against the flu it seems much more likely its covid. They'll likely want her to go in to work to get tested in the morning which will put any questions to bed.
Not going to lie, I feel kind of bad. I've been walking around, as cases explode, like I'm immune to all things covid and can't help but think I may have gotten it and given it to her. Though, I did take a test earlier this week just to make sure I was good and it was negative. So...who knows. The kids also had some runny noses a couple weeks ago but also tested negative.
What's extremely odd is Mrs. AW is really healthy. Healthy bmi, no comorbidities, regular exercise, good sleep habits, no drugs (caffeine, nicotine, etc) with the rare exception of a cocktail maybe once a month, daily vitamin, etc. She's had the flu one time since I've known her (10+ years now) and other than that never missed a day of work or leisure due to a viral or bacterial illness. Yet, she's had covid once for sure and likely twice in the past year.
Conversely, prior to covid, I got sick at least twice a year with some bull [expletive]. And, even during covid have maintained terrible sleep habits, plenty of hangovers, take all the drugs (except pot though maybe I should start), diabetes, slightly above healthy bmi at this point though I'm almost into the green, etc. Yet, I've somehow managed to escape infection as far as I know. Anecdotally, it makes me want to say ample vitamins (c and d in particular), quercentin, zinc, and nac may actually work as prophylactics as those are the only supplements I've really kept up with (and even just restarted quecentin, zinc, and nac in december since I had some leftover) but in reality its just lucky.
Covid is so weird.
I make light of the situation, but she actually feels terrible. Same symptoms - general [expletive] - as the first go around but with a bad headache to go with it.
She took a rapid at home test and it was positive.
Given how bad she felt she thought it might actually be the flu, as you can test positive on the at home tests with the flu apparently, though covid being everywhere as well as also being vaxxed against the flu it seems much more likely its covid. They'll likely want her to go in to work to get tested in the morning which will put any questions to bed.
Not going to lie, I feel kind of bad. I've been walking around, as cases explode, like I'm immune to all things covid and can't help but think I may have gotten it and given it to her. Though, I did take a test earlier this week just to make sure I was good and it was negative. So...who knows. The kids also had some runny noses a couple weeks ago but also tested negative.
What's extremely odd is Mrs. AW is really healthy. Healthy bmi, no comorbidities, regular exercise, good sleep habits, no drugs (caffeine, nicotine, etc) with the rare exception of a cocktail maybe once a month, daily vitamin, etc. She's had the flu one time since I've known her (10+ years now) and other than that never missed a day of work or leisure due to a viral or bacterial illness. Yet, she's had covid once for sure and likely twice in the past year.
Conversely, prior to covid, I got sick at least twice a year with some bull [expletive]. And, even during covid have maintained terrible sleep habits, plenty of hangovers, take all the drugs (except pot though maybe I should start), diabetes, slightly above healthy bmi at this point though I'm almost into the green, etc. Yet, I've somehow managed to escape infection as far as I know. Anecdotally, it makes me want to say ample vitamins (c and d in particular), quercentin, zinc, and nac may actually work as prophylactics as those are the only supplements I've really kept up with (and even just restarted quecentin, zinc, and nac in december since I had some leftover) but in reality its just lucky.
Covid is so weird.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: Coronavirus
Both my parents got Covid last week and were beating it by the time they told me.
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11714
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
Re: Coronavirus
That is very weird. You would think will all the immunity/antibodies in her blood stream, she wouldn't have contracted it a 2nd time.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑January 13 22, 8:15 pmMrs. AW caught the covid...again. Within the span of 10 months that’s 2 infections and 2 vaccines for her. Zero infections for
me not that anyone is counting.
That sucks.



