movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Freed Roger »

DiLLaGii wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I might be late to the party, but Slumdog Millionaire was very very good. Much better than Benjamin Button.
Yeah. Especially the soundtrack!!
Indeed. the music was well coordinated with the film.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30835
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by ghostrunner »

Freed Roger wrote:
DiLLaGii wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I might be late to the party, but Slumdog Millionaire was very very good. Much better than Benjamin Button.
Yeah. Especially the soundtrack!!
Indeed. the music was well coordinated with the film.
You can't buy that kind of praise. That should be the endorsement blurb on the soundtrack's album cover.

User avatar
ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5114
Joined: October 15 06, 4:40 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by ThatGuy »

The Third Man wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:So apparently nobody around here carries the original Nutty Professor (from 1963). I figured Best Buy might have it, but no luck there.

Anybody have a better idea?
The internet!
I went to the library and watched it instead. Anybody else seen this one?

User avatar
omaha_red
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12963
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: toning it done

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by omaha_red »

watched "the savages".. great movie.. terribly depressing..

User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31038
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Popeye_Card »

I saw Revolutionary Road this weekend. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Overall I'd say it was pretty average. Sometimes it came too close to being American Beauty II. Sometimes things were just too obvious. A part of me would like to watch it again to study the main two characters closer. But it ends up being extremely "heavy" in it's last act, to the point where you're almost uncomfortable watching it.

Overall, it kinda goes as-planned, considering Winslet kinda forced her husband (Mendes) to make the film. Winslet I think was really good, and into her role. IMO, Leo and Mendes kinda mailed it in.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Freed Roger »

Kind of embarassing to admit I watched this for the first time just last night - "On the Waterfront." Just Awesome. Easy to see why it ranks high on all-time lists.

Sad that it is not to have seen this movie yet, it is great to have the huge void in my movie-watching repertoire - I get to see classics like this, as if they were brand new.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by cardinalkarp »

Pineapple Express - I'm not sure if anyone on the board recommended this but it could've been the biggest piece of crap I've seen all year. Even for a stoner movie it was awful and knew that's what it was going to be going in. It was just terrible.

Eagle Eye - Nothing that special at all which is kind of what I expected but anything seemed ok after watching the above stinkfest.

User avatar
omaha_red
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12963
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: toning it done

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by omaha_red »

Freed Roger wrote:Kind of embarassing to admit I watched this for the first time just last night - "On the Waterfront." Just Awesome. Easy to see why it ranks high on all-time lists.

Sad that it is not to have seen this movie yet, it is great to have the huge void in my movie-watching repertoire - I get to see classics like this, as if they were brand new.
this is why the classics are so great.. they never let you down

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by JL21 »

Freed Roger wrote:Kind of embarassing to admit I watched this for the first time just last night - "On the Waterfront." Just Awesome. Easy to see why it ranks high on all-time lists.

Sad that it is not to have seen this movie yet, it is great to have the huge void in my movie-watching repertoire - I get to see classics like this, as if they were brand new.
Nice... what an awesome flick.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Jocephus »

i loved "pineapple express"

Post Reply