Page 5 of 5

Re: 2011 Vent Thread

Posted: September 19 11, 8:54 am
by planet planet
Fantasy Baseball Finals question: Please help me out by noon GRB peeps. It's a head to head league with -.5 for Ks.

I'm in fantasy baseball finals and I need a SS replacement for Tulowitzki. Who would you pick out of Desmond, A. Gonzalez or Asdrubal Cabrera? Cabrera supposedly isn't going to see much playing time this week and he's been slumping while Desmond and Gonzalez both have been hot. Also, I picked up Freddie Freeman for Holliday, but I can pick up someone else - Torii Hunter and Carlos Pena are also available - I don't like anyone else available. Lastly, Weeks is back (and on my team), but he's not 100% and I'm concerned about his playing time. I picked up Kendrick for him last week and he did a great job. Keep Kendrick?

Re: 2011 Vent Thread

Posted: September 19 11, 12:32 pm
by Popeye_Card
I [expletive] hate that every season's payout is determined by a 3 week stretch in September when half of your players are hurt or being held out to save them for next season. This is the 2nd season in a row that I dominated the regular season and earn a bye in the playoffs, only to get ousted in the 2nd round by a lesser team because half my team is gone, and the half that's left crapped the bed. I'm not even sure why we have a regular season anymore.

But to answer PP's question, I'd go Desmond. I picked him up to spot Tulo on my team to vie for THIRD [expletive] PLACE.

Re: 2011 Vent Thread

Posted: September 19 11, 12:41 pm
by thrill
planet pujolsian wrote:Fantasy Baseball Finals question: Please help me out by noon GRB peeps. It's a head to head league with -.5 for Ks.

I'm in fantasy baseball finals and I need a SS replacement for Tulowitzki. Who would you pick out of Desmond, A. Gonzalez or Asdrubal Cabrera? Cabrera supposedly isn't going to see much playing time this week and he's been slumping while Desmond and Gonzalez both have been hot. Also, I picked up Freddie Freeman for Holliday, but I can pick up someone else - Torii Hunter and Carlos Pena are also available - I don't like anyone else available. Lastly, Weeks is back (and on my team), but he's not 100% and I'm concerned about his playing time. I picked up Kendrick for him last week and he did a great job. Keep Kendrick?
I think I'm too late but I'd go Desmond. I suck at this though.

Re: 2011 Vent Thread

Posted: September 20 11, 5:15 pm
by AdmiralKird
How is THIS related yahoo! fantasy news:
New player notes Tue, Sep 20

Gisele Bundchen (jih-ZEHL' BUN'-chen), supermodel and wife of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, was stopped for speeding over the weekend and given a verbal warning by a Massachusetts state trooper. State police spokesman David Procopio says Bundchen was going about 70 mph in a 55 mph zone on state Route 6 in Barnstable when she was stopped Saturday.

Advice: Procopio says Bundchen did not get any special treatment. The same trooper gave four other drivers verbal warnings that afternoon. He gave 20 others written citations, but those drivers committed other violations in addition to speeding.
(STATS, Inc.)

Re: 2011 Vent Thread

Posted: September 28 11, 1:54 pm
by Swingingbunt
MIGUEL BATISTA!?

I'm going to lose my fantasy baseball championship because MIGUEL [expletive] BATISTA THREW A COMPLETE GAME ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON!?

*(#%&(#&*%HDGNSDOPGF*()HSDGO:GFONS:DLFSODFHG*()#%IOHSDOIGNSDONG*()

Re: 2011 Vent Thread

Posted: December 4 11, 6:49 pm
by longhornbaseball
In two games against me, Aaron Rodgers has 10 touchdowns and 92 fantasy points.