Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Random musings

Post by lukethedrifter »

The Third Man wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:My back has been hurting since July. I'm starting to think it isn't getting better.
Hey, me too, ever since that ATV landed on my back on July 4th. I was x-rayed and everything but muscle soreness just won't fully go away. Annoying as hell.

You're lucky your liver and heart aren't living on in some fortunate organ transplant recipient.

User avatar
The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.
Posts: 8935
Joined: July 17 06, 1:00 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by The Third Man »

Nobody would be fortunate to receive my liver.

User avatar
slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden
Posts: 14433
Joined: June 10 09, 11:31 pm
Location: In Chula Vista hanging with the Surenos

Re: Random musings

Post by slide_into_first »

Maybe I could write a story tracing someone's transplanted liver over several generations. Cloud Cirrhosis.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by Jocephus »

Dr. Wexler: Alright, and here are you ailments for this week. By the way, Mr.
Kramer, you were excellent.

Kramer: Oh, thank you.

Mickey: Cirrhosis of the liver with jaundice! Alright I get to wear make-up!
What did you get?

Kramer: Gonorrhea? Excuse me, I think there's been a mistake, see, I had
gonorrhea last week.

Dr. Wexler: Oh, it's no mistake. We loved what you did with it.

Kramer: I don't believe this, I'm being typecast.
Mickey: Oh, my liver! Why did I drink all those years? Why did I look for
love in a bottle?

Dr. Wexler: Mr. Kramer? You're up.

Kramer walks in, his face is noticably yellow.

Mickey: Wait a minute. You are doing gonorrhea, aren't you?

Kramer: Well, we'll see.

Student #2: So, what seems to be bothering you today, Mr. Kramer?

Kramer (pulling a liquor bottle from his jacket pocket): Well, I guess it
started about twenty years ago when I got back from Viet Nam, and this was the
only friend I had left.

Mickey: Hey! That's my cirrhosis! He's stealing my cirrhosis! (he jumps
Kramer) You wanna be sick? I'll make you sick.

They fall to the floor, wrestling.

Student #2: Cirrhosis of the liver and PCP addiction?

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30840
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by ghostrunner »

Michael wrote:Last night I had a nightmare my wife had an affair and left me. In the morning I let her know we're going to burqa shopping this weekend.
If you're like me you're still pissed at her the rest of the day. Not sure if this is unique, my emotions from dreams carry over longer than the ones I feel in waking life. I've had dreams about making out with or being in a relationship with other women, and I'm weird around them for a while. Once had a dream about Scarlett Johansson and was obsessed with her the rest of the day. Literally could not stop thinking about her for hours. Then there are the dreams where something bad happens to me or my wife or kids. That's tough to shake.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12897
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Random musings

Post by IMADreamer »

The Third Man wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:My back has been hurting since July. I'm starting to think it isn't getting better.
Hey, me too, ever since that ATV landed on my back on July 4th. I was x-rayed and everything but muscle soreness just won't fully go away. Annoying as hell.
Ouch man.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Random musings

Post by Michael »

ghostrunner wrote:
Michael wrote:Last night I had a nightmare my wife had an affair and left me. In the morning I let her know we're going to burqa shopping this weekend.
If you're like me you're still pissed at her the rest of the day. Not sure if this is unique, my emotions from dreams carry over longer than the ones I feel in waking life. I've had dreams about making out with or being in a relationship with other women, and I'm weird around them for a while. Once had a dream about Scarlett Johansson and was obsessed with her the rest of the day. Literally could not stop thinking about her for hours. Then there are the dreams where something bad happens to me or my wife or kids. That's tough to shake.
I'm not like you.


Freak.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30840
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by ghostrunner »

Michael wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
Michael wrote:Last night I had a nightmare my wife had an affair and left me. In the morning I let her know we're going to burqa shopping this weekend.
If you're like me you're still pissed at her the rest of the day. Not sure if this is unique, my emotions from dreams carry over longer than the ones I feel in waking life. I've had dreams about making out with or being in a relationship with other women, and I'm weird around them for a while. Once had a dream about Scarlett Johansson and was obsessed with her the rest of the day. Literally could not stop thinking about her for hours. Then there are the dreams where something bad happens to me or my wife or kids. That's tough to shake.
I'm not like you.


Freak.
Lol.

I guess it's good I don't usually remember my dreams.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by Jocephus »

my boss whos only like, in his mid to late 30s, had a massive heart attack last night. 100% blockage in one artery and they had to put a stent in. he and his wife are expecting their first baby in feb. very weird. and scary.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Random musings

Post by lukethedrifter »

yikes. sounds like he got to the hospital in time. maybe even no longterm effects.

Post Reply