Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Locked
TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain: The Thread

Post by TimeForGuinness »

I think I feel better when Obama lies to me rather than Hillary...that's usually how I choose who I vote for.


Plus I don't like handing the presidency between families...I don't look that good in a toga

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain: The Thread

Post by jim »

clement wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:
clement wrote:Hilary energizes a lot of people.
Especially the Neo-Cons...they would have had the drums beating for all the Republicans to come out and vote *against* Hillary...not *for* McCain.
They do that no matter who the candidate is... Gore, Kerry, and now Obama. Adding Hilary to the ticket won't change that.

I realize that Hilary is very unpopular in certain places, but she's a lot more popular than you think in some of the places that matter most (Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan).

And I realize she's not popular here,... but then this site is about 90% male.
Good, then she should do the right thing and convince those people to support Obama. If you are a Clinton supporter and want to ruin the Clinton legacy, then jump ship to the McCain camp.

There is an old saying, "Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way". She isn't leading, so she and her followers have two choices, and I'm hoping they make the right choice.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain: The Thread

Post by JL21 »

From the Obama camp this morning:
Did you see Michelle?
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:40 AM
From: "Barack Obama" <info@barackobama.com>
To: "Moderator JL21"

Moderator JL21 --

I am so lucky to be married to the woman who delivered that speech last night.

Michelle was electrifying, inspiring, and absolutely magnificent. I get a lot of credit for the speech I gave at the 2004 convention -- but I think she may have me beat.

You have to see it to believe it.

And make sure to forward this email to your friends and family -- they'll want to see it, too.

http://my.barackobama.com/michelle

You really don't want to miss this.

And I'm not just saying that because she's my wife -- I truly believe it was the best speech of the campaign so far.

Barack

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain: The Thread

Post by Socnorb11 »

clement wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:I don't know that Hillary would have accepted, and I don't think she gets him any votes. She certainly doesn't represent any sort of change. He's going to take New York anyway. She might have helped with Arkansas, but I don't see someone who voted for Hillary suddenly throwing their vote to John McCain. I could see some centrists or Republicans who were concerned about Obama being too young or liberal being reassured enough to vote for him. Had I not already made up my mind, it would have helped get me over. I like Biden, for all his flaws.
Hilary energizes a lot of people. Biden doesn't energize anyone. Did he ever get over 10% of the vote in any primary? I think Hilary represents change as well.


I think Biden DOES energize people. He's a bulldog with just a touch of arrogance. The reason he didn't get many votes is because most people had already concluded that he had no chance to win, and didn't want to waste a vote on him.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain: The Thread

Post by Jocephus »


User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30830
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain: The Thread

Post by ghostrunner »

Jocephus wrote:republicans now "love" hillary

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 90745.aspx
It was pretty dumb of her to include McCain as a better option than Obama in her own ad. I don't blame them for jumping on it. They have a similar ad with Biden saying Obama doesn't have enough experience.

User avatar
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
Posts: 15010
Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain: The Thread

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Image

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: FIST JABBIN' TERRORIST VS. SENILE OLD MAN: THE THREAD

Post by GatewaySnayke »

clement wrote:I agree. Biden isn't going to help Obama with votes at all. He should have taken Hilary on the ticket.
I read ahead and I think this has been responded to, but Hillary would bring Obama closer to the 88 percent Democrat vote. It's not like she would represent this huge swing. And Clinton doesn't represent "change" any more than Biden.
If Hilary had narrowly edged Obama I guarantee she would have put him on the ticket and it would have been the smart thing to do.
Bull. Crap.
There are a lot of women out there for whom Hilary represented to them historically what Obama's candidacy represents to many African Americans (and other minorities).
Maybe, but putting Hillary on the ticket just to win voters seems to be below Obama. He was hit mercilessly by Biden and was able to put it behind him and make him the nominee. He obviously felt that he couldn't co-exist with her.
I don't know how it's possible, but I'm getting this sinking feeling that the Dems are gonna piss away yet another election that they should have won easily.
If they are going to do it, it's going to be because Obama's campaign was never able to convince people that he's not an elitist Muslim. And to your comment about Hillary not being liked here (and insinuating that it has to do with sexism) -- I can only speak for myself when I say that Hillary ran one of the meanest, dirtiest campaigns. It was the kind of campaign that probably had Karl Rove's heart fluttering.

Anyone who can say that they still have the same respect for Clinton after some of that nonsense needs to just go ahead and join the GOP.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30830
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: FIST JABBIN' TERRORIST VS. SENILE OLD MAN: THE THREAD

Post by ghostrunner »

GatewaySnayke wrote:
clement wrote:I agree. Biden isn't going to help Obama with votes at all. He should have taken Hilary on the ticket.
I read ahead and I think this has been responded to, but Hillary would bring Obama closer to the 88 percent Democrat vote. It's not like she would represent this huge swing. And Clinton doesn't represent "change" any more than Biden.
If Hilary had narrowly edged Obama I guarantee she would have put him on the ticket and it would have been the smart thing to do.
Bull. Crap.
There are a lot of women out there for whom Hilary represented to them historically what Obama's candidacy represents to many African Americans (and other minorities).
Maybe, but putting Hillary on the ticket just to win voters seems to be below Obama. He was hit mercilessly by Biden and was able to put it behind him and make him the nominee. He obviously felt that he couldn't co-exist with her.
I don't know how it's possible, but I'm getting this sinking feeling that the Dems are gonna piss away yet another election that they should have won easily.
If they are going to do it, it's going to be because Obama's campaign was never able to convince people that he's not an elitist Muslim. And to your comment about Hillary not being liked here (and insinuating that it has to do with sexism) -- I can only speak for myself when I say that Hillary ran one of the meanest, dirtiest campaigns. It was the kind of campaign that probably had Karl Rove's heart fluttering.

Anyone who can say that they still have the same respect for Clinton after some of that nonsense needs to just go ahead and join the GOP.
I feel like you're holding back.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain: The Thread

Post by Freed Roger »

from what I read - Obama didn't want Hilary, because he'd not only have to deal with her, but also with Bill.

Locked