pop_haines wrote:
I think it has more to do with the mega-corporations snapping
up and consolidating the media outlets and then trying to
influence the narrative in a way favorable to those corps.
Thus,
corporations = good
labor = lazy bums
war = hooray
peace = loony activists
regulation = stifling
deregulation = freedom
etc.
Seems simplistic...but listen to the narrative and see how
it plays out for the parent corporations.
Your simplification looks accurate to me. Maybe one more to add on
News = product marketing
This pic proves my point (assuming its not doctored) - if you are in the mood for pathetic satire - Just watch Fox. They satire themselves.
When Harry Caray used to broadcast for the Cubs and the Cards were beating them, I enjoyed turning the dial to WGN and listen to him moan and groan. I would do that now with Cards/Cub games and Santo - but it is so rare that the Larussa Card teams beat the Cubs .
Thus I don't think I'll watch Bill Clinton speak tonight, but definitely will try to watch the Fox guys to see how grumpy they are about it.
This pic proves my point (assuming its not doctored) - if you are in the mood for pathetic satire - Just watch Fox. They satire themselves.
When Harry Caray used to broadcast for the Cubs and the Cards were beating them, I enjoyed turning the dial to WGN and listen to him moan and groan. I would do that now with Cards/Cub games and Santo - but it is so rare that the Larussa Card teams beat the Cubs .
Thus I don't think I'll watch Bill Clinton speak tonight, but definitely will try to watch the Fox guys to see how grumpy they are about it.
Yes, but there are a lot of people who watch this as news...and their vote counts just the same as yours.
AUGUST 26--The U.S. Attorney's office in Colorado filed felony weapon and drug charges today against Tharin Gartrell, Nathan Johnson, and Shawn Adolf, three idiots allegedly involved in a plot to kill Senator Barack Obama. According to an affidavit filed in federal court in Denver, an excerpt of which you'll find below, an unnamed female told a Secret Service agent that she went to a hotel room on Saturday with the three men and another woman to "'chill and do drugs'" and that the men discussed how they "'could not believe how close he (Obama) was to becoming president,' and that no '[expletive]' should ever live in the White House." The woman also told the agent that Adolf, 33, believed that the prospective Democratic presidential nominee had a suite on the third floor of the same Hyatt hotel in which they had rented their room. Johnson, 32, who began to cry during his questioning by the Secret Service admitted that Adolf had previously threatened to kill the Illinois senator and that the group's desire to assassinate him was not political, but "because Obama is black." While none of the men have been charged with making threats against Obama, the trio came to the attention of the authorities after Aurora police stopped Gartrell, 28, for suspected drunk driving. A search of the vehicle turned up rifles (one with a scope), ammunition, a bulletproof vest, walkie-talkies, and drugs.
Thank God for the Secret Service!
If Obama gets assassinated, it's going to make riots in South Central and the riots in the 1960's seem like child's play.
I'm pretty sure that the image of Walter Cronkite (that's him, right?) in the top left was added in. Otherwise, pretty sure this is a real screen grab from "fair and balanced" itself.