GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
Should I take Chris Johnson with the #5 pick? Is he gonna sign, or what?
- Lesson
- Grandmaster Flashchat
- Posts: 6630
- Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
So, how'd this go?
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
I won. ICE was there too.Lesson wrote:So, how'd this go?
- Lesson
- Grandmaster Flashchat
- Posts: 6630
- Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
Was Joce there?thrill wrote:I won. ICE was there too.Lesson wrote:So, how'd this go?
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
I don't believe so.
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13356
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
Current Pending Trade:
Theosqua gets Peyton Manning and NE Defense. Combat Wombats gets Mike Wallace (Pit) and Pitt Defense.
Normally a good trade, but now there is injury concern over Manning. I don't know if the trade was accepted before or after the report, but I would think Peyton would no longer be worth the 7th best WR imo.
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/ro ... asy-wp7897
Theosqua gets Peyton Manning and NE Defense. Combat Wombats gets Mike Wallace (Pit) and Pitt Defense.
Normally a good trade, but now there is injury concern over Manning. I don't know if the trade was accepted before or after the report, but I would think Peyton would no longer be worth the 7th best WR imo.
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/ro ... asy-wp7897
- AdmiralKird
- MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
- Posts: 10174
- Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
- Location: Tycho Crater, Luna
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
Manning has always supposed to miss the first few games of the season. That's why he falls into the third, fourth round of 2011 drafts. Last year in the league he was drafted 3rd overall and he finished 5th overall in points. The only thing that makes Manning not worth the number one WR is the risk involved with his injury, which probably won't be more than a week or two, if that. Plus wide receivers are very finicky in points, especially year-to-year.
So why not wait another few weeks and make a trade? I just figured every other year I make trades later in the season and I've already lost the first two, three games of the year and I can't make the playoffs. I'm gonna try and hit the ground running this time.
So why not wait another few weeks and make a trade? I just figured every other year I make trades later in the season and I've already lost the first two, three games of the year and I can't make the playoffs. I'm gonna try and hit the ground running this time.
- TheoSqua
- Next Gen Wart
- Posts: 8950
- Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- Contact:
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
I made the offer the day before the report came out. I figured he'd start the first game of the year. But I think manning still has the potential to out perform the point differential hit between mike wallace and mike williams.
If I had known for certain he wasn't practicing this week and was doubtful I would have held off. But that's the risk of buying low on potential.
Plus my other offer was tony romo.
If I had known for certain he wasn't practicing this week and was doubtful I would have held off. But that's the risk of buying low on potential.
Plus my other offer was tony romo.
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13356
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
Cool. I only posted this because I wanted to make sure that Theo knew what happened and had a forum for requesting the trade to be vetoed. (and I didn't want to be all PMing everywhere) I didn't think there was anything overly sneaky, I've just been there where a guy I traded for got injured like the next day and it sucks. Though I've also been there where the guy I drafted gets injured a couple of days after the draft and that really sucks too.
Just wanted to make sure Theo was cool with it.
Just wanted to make sure Theo was cool with it.
- TheoSqua
- Next Gen Wart
- Posts: 8950
- Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- Contact:
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2012 Season
It's a buy low risk. And I still have Josh Freeman potentially being really good. Having three QBs means even if Manning is out all year I can still kind of compete.JCShutout wrote:Cool. I only posted this because I wanted to make sure that Theo knew what happened and had a forum for requesting the trade to be vetoed. (and I didn't want to be all PMing everywhere) I didn't think there was anything overly sneaky, I've just been there where a guy I traded for got injured like the next day and it sucks. Though I've also been there where the guy I drafted gets injured a couple of days after the draft and that really sucks too.
Just wanted to make sure Theo was cool with it.
I agree with Admiral that WRs are very up and down year-to-year since TDs are such a big variable for WR points.


