Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Freed Roger »

Best Wishes FB.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
Posts: 24904
Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Coronavirus

Post by planet planet »

Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑
April 15 20, 11:48 am
My brother in law who works at a local hospital on the front lines just got his positive COVID test result back today. He's been very sick since Monday evening. This guy hasn't called in sick since I can remember. He did yesterday and will be home for a few weeks now. I am very worried. He said he almost didn't make it back to his bedroom today after going to the bathroom. I have a feeling he will be in the hospital very soon.

I'm also worried about my nephew (23) who is at home with him.

My sister who has a very compromised immune system has been at my house for 12 days now.

This is all very scary to me right now.
That is very scary, FB. It was really nice of you (and smart!) to have your sister stay with you. Really hope he avoids the hospital and his condition doesn't deteriorate beyond where it is today.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25225
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Leroy »

From the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:
The first case of COVID-19 at Smithfield was announced on March 26, about a week after officials first said they would run business as usual during the pandemic. After the first case, Smithfield officials said they notified workers and cleaned the employee's workspace, but the plant would still maintain normal operations.

Smithfield added some precautions to the facility — hand sanitizer stations and continued cleaning — after the first case. The plant also offered a $500 "responsibility bonus" to workers who didn't miss a shift in the month of April.

But cases skyrocketed.

Two weeks after the first case, Smithfield had 80 sick employees. Another week later, it was the largest COVID-19 hot spot in the nation with more than 600 positive cases tied directly to the plant.

The company announced April 12 it would close the facility indefinitely.

Two days later, Augustín took his last breath.
'So here's your $500, should go a long way toward your funeral expenses. Oh, and here's some Purell. Get that spleen off the floor.'

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11714
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mikechamp »

Leroy wrote: ↑
April 15 20, 2:58 pm
From the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:
The first case of COVID-19 at Smithfield was announced on March 26, about a week after officials first said they would run business as usual during the pandemic. After the first case, Smithfield officials said they notified workers and cleaned the employee's workspace, but the plant would still maintain normal operations.

Smithfield added some precautions to the facility — hand sanitizer stations and continued cleaning — after the first case. The plant also offered a $500 "responsibility bonus" to workers who didn't miss a shift in the month of April.

But cases skyrocketed.

Two weeks after the first case, Smithfield had 80 sick employees. Another week later, it was the largest COVID-19 hot spot in the nation with more than 600 positive cases tied directly to the plant.

The company announced April 12 it would close the facility indefinitely.

Two days later, Augustín took his last breath.
'So here's your $500, should go a long way toward your funeral expenses. Oh, and here's some Purell. Get that spleen off the floor.'
(sniff, sniff) I smell a lawsuit.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25225
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Leroy »

I mean 'responsibility bonus'. What the frack?

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11714
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: Coronavirus

Post by mikechamp »

Leroy wrote: ↑
April 15 20, 3:14 pm
I mean 'responsibility bonus'. What the frack?
What they didn't say was that it also came with a side of freedom fries.

Image

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Coronavirus

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Damn, FB. Best wishes to you and yours, bud.

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24269
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Leroy wrote: ↑
April 15 20, 3:14 pm
I mean 'responsibility bonus'. What the frack?
Fascism's finest.

Best of luck FB!

Online
User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Coronavirus

Post by sighyoung »

Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑
April 15 20, 11:48 am
My brother in law who works at a local hospital on the front lines just got his positive COVID test result back today. He's been very sick since Monday evening. This guy hasn't called in sick since I can remember. He did yesterday and will be home for a few weeks now. I am very worried. He said he almost didn't make it back to his bedroom today after going to the bathroom. I have a feeling he will be in the hospital very soon.

I'm also worried about my nephew (23) who is at home with him.

My sister who has a very compromised immune system has been at my house for 12 days now.

This is all very scary to me right now.
Oh, geez. I certainly hope your brother-in-law and your nephew are o.k. And I echo planet in saying that I'm so glad you have your sister over at your home.

Online
User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Coronavirus

Post by sighyoung »

Leroy wrote: ↑
April 15 20, 3:14 pm
I mean 'responsibility bonus'. What the frack?
Good Lord.

Post Reply