Thanks, just wanted to make sure we were thinking about the same thing.GeddyWrox wrote: ↑May 14 20, 3:59 pmhttps://www.google.com/search?q=covid+a ... e&ie=UTF-8AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑May 14 20, 1:00 pmLink?GeddyWrox wrote: ↑May 14 20, 9:10 amW/R/T opening schools... There is emerging evidence of non-respiratory impacts on young people who contract corona. I'm not wild about the thought of sending my kids back to school in the fall when there will be a resurgence of cases. They might just get home schooled this year. Which would be sad because I have one that's will be a senior and one that will be a freshman. This was supposed to be a fun year for both of them and they might not get it.![]()
Coronavirus
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Coronavirus
-
planet planet
- http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
- Posts: 24904
- Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Coronavirus
MO on the decline of cases, although seemingly in the bottom tier of testing.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/15/us/us-co ... index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/15/us/us-co ... index.html
- sighyoung
- Mayor of GRB
- Posts: 38614
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
- Location: Louisville
Re: Coronavirus
My mother's out of quarantine and back in her room at the nursing home after two emergency room visits. She's perfectly fine (if fine is about sixteen different medical conditions that haven't finished her off yet).
If two emergency room visits during a pandemic can't kill her off, she's got some damn fine genes. And she's stubborn as hell.
If two emergency room visits during a pandemic can't kill her off, she's got some damn fine genes. And she's stubborn as hell.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43284
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Coronavirus
Your mom sounds like an ass kicker.
-
tlombard
- tl;dr
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Re: Coronavirus
With things opening back up in the City and County today... is anybody planning on going out soon? I'm struggling with the decision personally.
I'm trying to give it another couple of weeks and stay home but I miss being social and my friends at the bar(s). My main regular bar opened back up at midnight and I really wanted to be there but I was asleep by then so that was an easy one to avoid. It wasn't worth leaving the apartment near midnight just to have a few drinks and then be working tired today to start the week.
I'll be fine staying home for the next few days... but Friday is going to be tough.
I'm trying to give it another couple of weeks and stay home but I miss being social and my friends at the bar(s). My main regular bar opened back up at midnight and I really wanted to be there but I was asleep by then so that was an easy one to avoid. It wasn't worth leaving the apartment near midnight just to have a few drinks and then be working tired today to start the week.
I'll be fine staying home for the next few days... but Friday is going to be tough.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Coronavirus
I'm not going anywhere indoors for any length of time. This [expletive] is going to spike again.
I did go to a micro brewery yesterday afternoon (after the weather cleared up) near my house that has a large outdoor area. It was nice to listen to live music, feel the sun, drink an amazing craft beer and feel human for an hour or so.
I did go to a micro brewery yesterday afternoon (after the weather cleared up) near my house that has a large outdoor area. It was nice to listen to live music, feel the sun, drink an amazing craft beer and feel human for an hour or so.
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30824
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: Coronavirus
Same. Indoors, no way - wife is immune compromised, so that's the big issue for us. Outdoors - I've seen enough from enough sources to believe that's relatively safe.
Online
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62283
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: Coronavirus
sighyoung wrote: ↑May 16 20, 8:07 pmMy mother's out of quarantine and back in her room at the nursing home after two emergency room visits. She's perfectly fine (if fine is about sixteen different medical conditions that haven't finished her off yet).
If two emergency room visits during a pandemic can't kill her off, she's got some damn fine genes. And she's stubborn as hell.
Sigh’s mom and zeus’ dad are giving both covid and cancer hell. #inspirational
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Coronavirus
We are in no hurry to get back out. We had some friends that wanted to go to Hermann this weekend and we told them no. They think we are crazy but I just don't know that it's safe to be around crowds just yet.
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11714
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
Re: Coronavirus
Sounds like there is progress on a vaccine, though it is clearly still months away.
Coronavirus vaccine: First evidence jab can train immune system
The first hints that a vaccine can train people's immune system to fight coronavirus have been reported by a company in the US. Moderna said neutralizing antibodies were found in the first eight people who took part in their safety trials. It also said the immune response was similar to that in people infected with the actual virus.
The vaccine trials, run by the US government's National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, showed the vaccine led to the production of antibodies which can neutralize the coronavirus. However, testing for these neutralizing antibodies has only taken place on the first eight, out of 45, people on the trial.
Moderna said it was hoping to start a large-scale trial in July, and that it was already investigating how to manufacture the vaccine at scale.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52677203





