Page 88 of 200

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 8 16, 3:01 pm
by Jocephus
natalie cole passed away on 12/31

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 17 16, 12:35 am
by lukethedrifter
gonna have to check out more of chris stapleton after his snl performance

Not often I hear a popular country act that I want to hear more of

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 19 16, 4:20 pm
by redbirdjazzz
lukethedrifter wrote:gonna have to check out more of chris stapleton after his snl performance

Not often I hear a popular country act that I want to hear more of
Check out the first two albums by his old band, The Steeldrivers. They're still good with his replacement, but with him, they were extraordinary.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 19 16, 4:41 pm
by thrill
lukethedrifter wrote:gonna have to check out more of chris stapleton after his snl performance

Not often I hear a popular country act that I want to hear more of
He was profiled with another guy I know you like and one other guy who if you don't know, you will like, in GQ.
http://www.gq.com/story/meet-the-countr ... -nashville

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 19 16, 5:41 pm
by lukethedrifter
thrill wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:gonna have to check out more of chris stapleton after his snl performance

Not often I hear a popular country act that I want to hear more of
He was profiled with another guy I know you like and one other guy who if you don't know, you will like, in GQ.
http://www.gq.com/story/meet-the-countr ... -nashville
Huge fan of both, well looks like all three now. Seen Isbell a time or three and really need to see Sturgill live.
Seems like I recall dreamer or someone mentioning Stapleton so the name was familiar but hadn't heard anything yet. Now I know.


Was go birds.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 19 16, 7:15 pm
by Tim
Pearl Jam just announced 2016 tour. Going to see them at least twice.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 20 16, 10:57 am
by go birds
lukethedrifter wrote:
thrill wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:gonna have to check out more of chris stapleton after his snl performance

Not often I hear a popular country act that I want to hear more of
He was profiled with another guy I know you like and one other guy who if you don't know, you will like, in GQ.
http://www.gq.com/story/meet-the-countr ... -nashville
Huge fan of both, well looks like all three now. Seen Isbell a time or three and really need to see Sturgill live.
Seems like I recall dreamer or someone mentioning Stapleton so the name was familiar but hadn't heard anything yet. Now I know.


Was go birds.
yea...he opened for Isbell. I'd have to sit down and think about my best overall concert experiences, but i can guarantee this one was in top 5.

I cant remember a time when the opening act was just as entertaining as the headliner.

I probably already mentioned this, but Stapleton had a cd release party a couple month prior to blowing up at a small place called Mercy Lounge and i wasn't able to make it (though at the time i wasn't real familiar with him, i would have been going with a friend who was a big fan). Really regret that i couldnt make it before he blew up.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 20 16, 12:04 pm
by Freed Roger
I'll bury this ramble here:

Got to thinking of concerts I've attended back in the day. I really forget who I've seen, and I know there some I think I saw, but didn't. Looking at concert history on google - no way did I attend them all. Weird how the brain works. This isn't creating a bogus lie (i.e. like being the tip of the spear in Operation Desert Storm) -but actual memories, that aren't real.

Note- though I binge drank back then-it was only when we had something to drink-most of these concert years were when underage and not away at college. Rarely did we score alcohol in timely fashion for the concerts:

Off the top of my head -I am positive I saw:
Scorpions
Wendy O Williams
Bon Jovi as an opener (before they became famous - sucked)
Bryan Adams in college years (....I had to try to get laid somehow folks)
AC/DC
KISS - multiple times w and w/o makeup
ZZ Top
Night Ranger and Loverboy


Bands I'm not sure but think I saw, have no way of proving:
Judas Priest
Foghat
38 Special
Twisted Sister
Quiet Riot
Iron Maiden
Tesla
Blue Oyster Cult
Bryan Adams (in high school, trying to get some, but didn't so not sure if I saw em then)

Granted, some of these are understandably forgettable and/or defense mechanism block outs.
But Judas Priest and Iron [expletive] Maiden!- I would think those would be etched in there good.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 20 16, 12:06 pm
by Jocephus

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: January 20 16, 12:26 pm
by Freed Roger
Jocephus wrote:
Joce rarely disappoints with timely on point links. And my goodness Heather Locklear was still looking good there 6:47.