Page 10 of 24
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 20 10, 3:49 pm
by Popeye_Card
pp, No, that gyro place is different. Haven't tried it yet, unless they made the super onion gyro I drunkenly consumed at mardi gras.
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 20 10, 3:53 pm
by planet planet
Did any of you guys go to the Festival of Nations in Tower Grove? You could get any kind of ethnic food from any nationality you wanted and everything I had was really reasonable and awesome. No $12 fair food there.
Here's the link to the
Soulard Gyro and Deli; I'm checking it out.
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 20 10, 3:56 pm
by JL21
Somebody else was telling me about that place recently. They said it was really good.
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 20 10, 10:42 pm
by haltz
9th street sucks, but Soulard Gyro and Deli makes a damn fine gyro (maybe because it's hard to [expletive] up).
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 21 10, 12:01 am
by cardsfansince82
haltz wrote:9th street sucks, but Soulard Gyro and Deli makes a damn fine gyro (maybe because it's hard to [expletive] up).
I think it's hard to find a really good gyro. Kind of like a philly cheese steak. Lots of bad-mediocre ones out there, but when you find a good one it is glorious.
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 21 10, 12:26 am
by haltz
I disagree. I don't think I've ever had a really bad one and I'm not sure I've ever had one that stands head and shoulders above the rest. And this is coming from the guy who submitted gyro in the food tourney and had one at Anthonino's today because it was on the RFT list.
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 21 10, 5:00 am
by Popeye_Card
haltz wrote:9th street sucks
I'd like to say "agree to disagree", but you are clearly wrong. So let's just agree that you're wrong.
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 21 10, 7:23 am
by haltz
It takes a long time even when they aren't busy, and the philly looks like regurgitated hamburger helper on soggy bread. The rest of what I've tried there is decent, with the exception of the (I think it's called) cajun BLT that's really good. Also, one time I went there and half the menu was 86'd which is obnoxious and slightly disconcerting.
It's not horrible, but it's clearly inferior to BCD, legrands, gioia's, etc.
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 21 10, 7:32 am
by JCShutout
[expletive] it. I read this thread and am sold. LeGrands for lunch today.
Re: Rave: The Legend Club at Legrands
Posted: September 21 10, 7:33 am
by planet planet
They just filmed a spot for "Food Feuds" on the Food Network between Pappy's Smokehouse and 17th St. Bar and Grill over their ribs. Should air next month.