Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12890
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

tothebeach08 wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Anyone get to go see Springsteen last night? I wanted to go but it just wasn't in the cards.
I was there. My 5th Springsteen show and probably the second best. 3 1/2 hours of non-stop music, no opening band of course, no breaks of course, just music. Little bit of talk now and then.

He puts on an amazing show as anyone who has been already knows. He definitely still has it. Clemons nephew did a great job, they all did.

Wouldn't have missed it for the world.
Nice. I've been twice bit I haven't been since Clarence passed. Everyone says his nephew is great. Really wish I could have gone.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by thrill »

RIP Phife Dawg.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... 323?page=2

Damn, his bus really had a lot of flavor (I will miss his bus).

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

Damn. [expletive] misfunctioning pancreases. That's a fundamental voice in my musical pallette.

User avatar
The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.
Posts: 8935
Joined: July 17 06, 1:00 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by The Third Man »

The Phife Dawg news is a real bummer. If beloved rap figures could stop dying suddenly before the age of 50 (MCA, Guru, etc.) that would be great.

Been listening to a ton of MJ lately.

davhern
Everyday Player
Posts: 202
Joined: April 2 15, 2:10 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by davhern »

So Guns N' Roses is returning to St. Louis...guess the Axl Rose ban was lifted!

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

In more axl rose news, he's apparently going to sit in for Brian Johnson on 10 of the acdc shows.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12890
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

The Who was the best concert I've ever been to

User avatar
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!
Posts: 10841
Joined: July 1 06, 7:24 pm
Location: Lost in the Cloud

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Schlich »

Pokey LaFarge has a free show tonight at Off Broadway.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

I did a Tidal trial to listen to Life of Pablo. Some cool stuff. It's decent. Too much auto tune and not enough rapping for my taste. Some of the music is great. FML was the standout for me on the first listen.

He's really talented.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

Tidal, BTW, is awful.

Post Reply