Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GeddyWrox »

I don't want to sound like one of *those* parents, but both my kids could easily pass GED right now and get into a community college with remote study for a year or two and then transition to full university later. My senior already took the ACT and got a 32. My freshman could easily jump several grades without missing a beat. Honestly, high school is busy work for them for the most part (and socializing for my freshman daughter).

All that to say, we have options. I'm not going to risk their health over this.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Leroy »

Must be a reclassification again today. New York is showing over 600 deaths yesterday, making the day total over 900 for the first time in a long time. Well, except for the day that New Jersey reclassified.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Coronavirus

Post by heyzeus »

Vanilla Ice is doing a show playing “all his hits” just outside of Austin tomorrow night. Austin, which is in panic mode with 500-600 new cases per day and hospitalizations quadrupling in June.

User avatar
obucard
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8178
Joined: April 18 06, 11:04 pm
Location: Central AR

Re: Coronavirus

Post by obucard »

heyzeus wrote: ↑
July 2 20, 6:51 am
Vanilla Ice is doing a show playing “all his hits” just outside of Austin tomorrow night. Austin, which is in panic mode with 500-600 new cases per day and hospitalizations quadrupling in June.
It's so when no one shows up he can blame it on the virus.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Leroy »

How many people can really get sick in the 4:28 it takes to perform Ice, Ice Baby?

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Jocephus »

may have relevance to some of the parents here ( i haven't read it)

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by tlombard »

I just got a call from the GF about half an hour ago and found out she tested positive for the virus so now I'm in line to get tested. Thankfully she is not showing any symptoms and she was tested a week ago. I can't decide if I want to have it and be the same or not have it at all. I've been around her all the time the past few weeks so I figure I probably have it too.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Leroy »

No offense thrill, but I'm beginning to question the 'common sense' level of the average Floridian.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: Coronavirus

Post by thrill »

Leroy wrote: ↑
July 2 20, 10:12 am
No offense thrill, but I'm beginning to question the 'common sense' level of the average Floridian.
I'm right there with you. It's not even just average folks either. There are actual government entities actively flouting CDC guidelines regarding masks and social distancing.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by cardinalkarp »

tlombard wrote: ↑
July 2 20, 10:06 am
I just got a call from the GF about half an hour ago and found out she tested positive for the virus so now I'm in line to get tested. Thankfully she is not showing any symptoms and she was tested a week ago. I can't decide if I want to have it and be the same or not have it at all. I've been around her all the time the past few weeks so I figure I probably have it too.
Sorry to hear that tlombard.....I can confidently say w/ all of the long term unknowns of this disease, you DEFINITELY don't want it.

Post Reply