Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

MrSaigon wrote:Tidal, BTW, is awful.
?

I am interested in a higher quality streaming service. Probably wait for amazon music to do it.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by TimeForGuinness »

MrSaigon wrote:I did a Tidal trial to listen to Life of Pablo. Some cool stuff. It's decent. Too much auto tune and not enough rapping for my taste. Some of the music is great. FML was the standout for me on the first listen.

He's really talented.
I thought I read today that Life of Pablo is coming to Spotify and Apple Music...and some singles are already out there?

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by go birds »

yep a couple singles are on spotify. wouldn't be surprised to see the entire album on there tomorrow.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Jocephus »


MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

lukethedrifter wrote:
MrSaigon wrote:Tidal, BTW, is awful.
?

I am interested in a higher quality streaming service. Probably wait for amazon music to do it.
Spotify's interface isn't great, but I like it better. It also has comedy and much better featutes like the Discover Weekly. I find it easier to be led to new interesting stuff.

On Tidal when I searched Chance the Rapper he was listed as the only artist for all the songs, including most where he's just featured. So I don't know who's song he's featuring on, or who that girl singing is or whatever.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

Pablo went up on Apple and Spotify today. I'd love to see the desubscribe numbers for Tidal today.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by go birds »

my first time thru i find it underwhelming, compared to the rest of his catalog. Seems like i am only one of two people who feel this way--my buddy who also said its meh.

the new Explosions in the Sky album however....top notch

davhern
Everyday Player
Posts: 202
Joined: April 2 15, 2:10 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by davhern »

go birds wrote:my first time thru i find it underwhelming, compared to the rest of his catalog. Seems like i am only one of two people who feel this way--may buddy who also said its meh.
I hated Yeezus and I'm a huge Kanye fan. I wanted very much to like it and I tried. So I don't know if my expectations came in low because of Yeezus, but I like Pablo a lot and was kinda relieved that I did.

It's not his best album but I don't think it falls far short of the rest of his stuff. I probably have it 3rd or 4th, with only MBDTF and CD clearly ahead.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by go birds »

davhern wrote:
go birds wrote:my first time thru i find it underwhelming, compared to the rest of his catalog. Seems like i am only one of two people who feel this way--may buddy who also said its meh.
I hated Yeezus and I'm a huge Kanye fan. I wanted very much to like it and I tried. So I don't know if my expectations came in low because of Yeezus, but I like Pablo a lot and was kinda relieved that I did.

It's not his best album but I don't think it falls far short of the rest of his stuff. I probably have it 3rd or 4th, with only MBDTF and CD clearly ahead.
yea ill give it another spin, but nothing really stuck with me, unlike all his other albums.

Full disclosure: i might just be completely over hip hop as a whole. To Pimp a Butterfly, widely regarded as a masterpiece, did absolutely nothing for me

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12890
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

I heard from a good source that tomorrow Paul McCartney is going to announce a show at Busch stadium. Fingers crossed. If I can see him that basically leaves Larry Graham as the only musician to see on my bucket list.

Post Reply