Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Jocephus »

larry graham is the man

edit: and holy cow he's drake's uncle

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12891
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

I love Larry Graham. I've played bass guitar since I was a teenager and Larry Graham was my second bassist I studied. John Entwhistle being the first and Paul McCartney being third. I've been able to tick off most of my favorite bassists off my list of "to see live" but Larry Graham and McCartney have remained elusive. I'd really love to get them both this year.

If you haven't seen it check out Funk. It's a shorten version of his full video. This video just makes me really happy.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43280
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by heyzeus »

When you start your day out with Big Black, you're cooking with fire.


Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Freed Roger »


Gashouse
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5010
Joined: June 15 06, 6:11 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Gashouse »


MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

Jon LaJoie went straight. Would post the video if it wasn't impossible on a phone. First song and video are good.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Freed Roger »

Well, not that I wouldn't mind going (could take it or leave it, which since it cost $$$$, that typically means I could leave it) ,

but I may end up having to take someone to this. Wondering if it's going to better to buy tickets sooner, or wait for later. Seems like when I had to go to the Eagles, they were cheap later. apples/oranges maybe.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

God dammit. I'm on the Iron & Wine mailing list so I don't miss things like this. But he's coming to a 500 seat theater here for $25 playing with some lady he made an album with and of course it sold out and I never heard anything.

$80 on StubHub.

Edit: found the email. Poo.

User avatar
Myles
Everyday Player
Posts: 407
Joined: July 10 14, 1:41 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Myles »

That would be a good concert. Especially if you haven't ever seen a "Beatle" in concert.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by go birds »

<3 the new M83

Post Reply