Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!
Posts: 10841
Joined: July 1 06, 7:24 pm
Location: Lost in the Cloud

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Schlich »

go birds wrote:<3 the new M83
Looking forward to seeing them at Lolla. My first time going to a major music fest so we'll see how that goes.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by haltz »

It's no Hurry Up, but I'm getting a kick out of it.

Listening to Weezer's White Album now. It's a good time so far.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by TimeForGuinness »

I'm going to see Savages tonight, I'm pretty pumped for it.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Jocephus »

here's vince neil and nic cage getting into a fight

Image

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43278
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by heyzeus »

Schlich wrote:
go birds wrote:<3 the new M83
Looking forward to seeing them at Lolla. My first time going to a major music fest so we'll see how that goes.

I'm just kinda catching up to this band. This song blew me away.


Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Arthur Dent »

TimeForGuinness wrote:I'm going to see Savages tonight, I'm pretty pumped for it.
[expletive]. They're here on Tuesday at 10pm. Can I deal with this on a weeknight?

/Old guy problems

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Jocephus »

April 8, 2016
A statement from Bruce Springsteen on North Carolina


As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.
http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2016/a ... h-carolina

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by go birds »

haltz wrote:It's no Hurry Up, but I'm getting a kick out of it.

Listening to Weezer's White Album now. It's a good time so far.
i found the white album to be oddly satisfying....and i havent liked anything since pinkerton really.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12891
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

Jocephus wrote:
April 8, 2016
A statement from Bruce Springsteen on North Carolina


As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.
http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2016/a ... h-carolina
I'm a pretty avid fan of Springsteen, I've seen him twice, I think I've got all the albums. I have mixed feelings on this. In a way it's great he's taking a stand. You've got to appreciate that, but at the same time he's only punishing the fans really. It's not like the politicians are out anything here but the fans don't get to see the show. If I had tickets I'd be pretty disappointed.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by haltz »

heyzeus wrote:I'm just kinda catching up to this band. This song blew me away.
My favorite is Outro. It makes me feel a beautiful mix of sad and happpy. Also, that while we might not make it, a sincere hope in the triumph of the human spirit and the goodness of people isn't futile. Most of all, it makes me feel like things are going to be ... different. Maybe we can get past our differences and work together for a better tomorrow. A tomorrow where we can say phrases like "orchestral space-rock" with a straight face.


Post Reply