Page 98 of 200

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 10 16, 11:43 am
by go birds
Outro is my favorite as well. that's an amazing mash-up with interstallar. kinda perfect for each other

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 11 16, 8:00 am
by TimeForGuinness
TimeForGuinness wrote:I'm going to see Savages tonight, I'm pretty pumped for it.
Holy [expletive], that show was so [expletive] good.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 11 16, 8:11 am
by TimeForGuinness
M83's "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" is one of my favorite albums since "OK Computer". It's heavily influenced by "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" and leverages Mellon Collie's blueprint: grandiose structure while remaining very intimate. While "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" can be *singled out* to the masses, the album is fantastically arranged and flows effortlessly from front-to-back. It's a wonderful album.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 11 16, 4:25 pm
by jim
Holy [expletive] Country Music isn't dead! I heard this one on SNL last week, now this is what I'm talkin' about:


Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 12 16, 1:00 pm
by lukethedrifter
I bought the album after hearing that npr segment.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 12 16, 10:19 pm
by lukethedrifter
Back in the 90s I saw Steve Young, writer of Seven Bridges Road and Lonesome Ornry and Mean, at Off Broadway.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 13 16, 1:12 pm
by Myles
IMADreamer wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
April 8, 2016
A statement from Bruce Springsteen on North Carolina


As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.
http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2016/a ... h-carolina
I'm a pretty avid fan of Springsteen, I've seen him twice, I think I've got all the albums. I have mixed feelings on this. In a way it's great he's taking a stand. You've got to appreciate that, but at the same time he's only punishing the fans really. It's not like the politicians are out anything here but the fans don't get to see the show. If I had tickets I'd be pretty disappointed.
I feel the same. He's screwing the fans. Kind of makes me think he's a prick. I'm a fan too.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 13 16, 1:15 pm
by Jocephus
i guess he feels the state is screwing tax paying citizens and feels taking a stand would be more important than a rock show.

he has the right to pick who he wants to serve, right? thats what this is all about eh?

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 13 16, 1:49 pm
by Myles
Jocephus wrote:i guess he feels the state is screwing tax paying citizens and feels taking a stand would be more important than a rock show.

he has the right to pick who he wants to serve, right? thats what this is all about eh?
Of course he has the right. I just think this is in poor taste. The fans he's screwing didn't make the law.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: April 13 16, 1:55 pm
by Jocephus
Myles wrote:
Jocephus wrote:i guess he feels the state is screwing tax paying citizens and feels taking a stand would be more important than a rock show.

he has the right to pick who he wants to serve, right? thats what this is all about eh?
Of course he has the right. I just think this is in poor taste. The fans he's screwing didn't make the law.
i imagine there are some springsteen fans (or were) who wrote the legislation.

its ok though. def leopard and bieber are still going to rock out for NC.
"It's disappointing he's not following through on his commitments," said Rep. Mark Walker, a Republican freshman congressman.

"We've got other artists coming soon — Def Leppard, Justin Bieber," the congressman told The Hollywood Reporter.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/n ... een-882208