Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
Myles
Everyday Player
Posts: 407
Joined: July 10 14, 1:41 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Myles »

I've just always wanted musical artists and celebs to stay out of politics. They don't refuse the money they make from people who disagree with their views, they shouldn't deny their fans.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

How the hell else is he going to sound off about something he thinks is wrong?

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12891
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

Well probably none of us refuse money from people who disagree with our views. Well I guess that's not true those dumbasses that run businesses that refuse to serve gays don't. Their loss though. I don't have a problem with Springsteen speaking his mind. He should, he has a big stage and a powerful voice. He should use it for good. Like I said though I think he's kind of screwing his fans a bit there. I'd still go see him the next time he comes around.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by haltz »

I wasn't a big Springsteen fan before (although I've always thought that Magic is a tremendous album). I am now.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Jocephus »

for some reason, one of my brothers and his buddies (in college, usually drunk) always had the debate of who is better: springsteen or seger. it would cause wars man. you really had to pick a side.

User avatar
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22007
Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Location: High A Minors

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by pioneer98 »

TimeForGuinness wrote:M83's "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" is one of my favorite albums since "OK Computer". It's heavily influenced by "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" and leverages Mellon Collie's blueprint: grandiose structure while remaining very intimate. While "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" can be *singled out* to the masses, the album is fantastically arranged and flows effortlessly from front-to-back. It's a wonderful album.
Agree 100%, it's excellent. Also, this was like the first album M83 decided to "rock" - meaning vocals and drums were more pronounced for the most part. I read they were inspired to add more rock elements to their music after touring with the Killers.

User avatar
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22007
Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Location: High A Minors

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by pioneer98 »

go birds wrote:<3 the new M83
It's growing on me

User avatar
Tim
Consider him admonished
Posts: 8320
Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Location: The South

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Tim »

Jocephus wrote:for some reason, one of my brothers and his buddies (in college, usually drunk) always had the debate of who is better: springsteen or seger. it would cause wars man. you really had to pick a side.
Seger. Easy. Seger.



Catching Pearl Jam this weekend.

And again next week.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12891
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

Jocephus wrote:for some reason, one of my brothers and his buddies (in college, usually drunk) always had the debate of who is better: springsteen or seger. it would cause wars man. you really had to pick a side.

I love them both. They are both great story tellers.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by go birds »

im only half way thru Sturgill Simpson's new album and ill go ahead and label it as one of the best of the year already.

his cover of Nirvana's In Bloom is incredible

Post Reply