Fantasy Baseball in the work place
Posted: February 11 11, 2:53 pm
my boss emailed me asking for help with his fantasy keeper league
he's allowed to keep 5 players from last year's roster and then they draft the rest
I looked at their scoring method (pretty crappy, mostly based around hr, runs, rbi, wins, saves, etc.)
Then I looked through various projections to make my own projection for every player, found the league average for each player and calculated their comparison to league average (100 being average with higher the better). Gave him a list of all his players with their value and my recommendation for which 5 to keep plus with advice about who he could substitute in the recommendation based on his drafting strategy.
He was very pleased with my analysis.
he's allowed to keep 5 players from last year's roster and then they draft the rest
I looked at their scoring method (pretty crappy, mostly based around hr, runs, rbi, wins, saves, etc.)
Then I looked through various projections to make my own projection for every player, found the league average for each player and calculated their comparison to league average (100 being average with higher the better). Gave him a list of all his players with their value and my recommendation for which 5 to keep plus with advice about who he could substitute in the recommendation based on his drafting strategy.
He was very pleased with my analysis.