Page 1 of 1
Diamond Mind baseball league has an opening
Posted: November 3 11, 10:04 am
by Socnorb11
This league has been in existence for 10 years, and in all honestly is one of the top Diamond Mind leagues running right now.
Three of the GM's have resigned recently, so there are 3 openings. If anyone has interest in being a serious participant, let me know. There is an application process involved, and no guarantee of getting a shot, but several of you here are definitely qualified, and I guarantee you'll be impressed with the league, and have a great time playing.
Re: Diamond Mind baseball league has an opening
Posted: November 3 11, 10:10 am
by cards2468
I'm already involved in a very good league, but I just wanted to tell everybody that DMB is pretty awesome and I highly recommend it. I was involved in a DMB league some years ago and quit because of school. I got back into it a couple seasons ago and it's really helped me become familiar with non-Cardinals players and minor leaguers and even amateur players. I've spent the past couple seasons taking a very terrible team and making trades and drafting to get the point that I've had the top minor league system in the league for 2 seasons and I'm starting to see it come to life. It's pretty sweet to put a lot of hard work and time into a team for a couple years and start seeing it all come together.
Re: Diamond Mind baseball league has an opening
Posted: November 3 11, 10:59 am
by Socnorb11
cards2468 wrote:I'm already involved in a very good league, but I just wanted to tell everybody that DMB is pretty awesome and I highly recommend it. I was involved in a DMB league some years ago and quit because of school. I got back into it a couple seasons ago and it's really helped me become familiar with non-Cardinals players and minor leaguers and even amateur players. I've spent the past couple seasons taking a very terrible team and making trades and drafting to get the point that I've had the top minor league system in the league for 2 seasons and I'm starting to see it come to life. It's pretty sweet to put a lot of hard work and time into a team for a couple years and start seeing it all come together.
Yup. That's a great summary of what these leagues are all about.
In all honesty, it doesn't take much time. 15 or 20 minutes per week is enough to put your lineups and rosters in shape, in most cases.
Re: Diamond Mind baseball league has an opening
Posted: November 21 11, 2:07 pm
by UK
Glad to see it's still doing good. I can definitely vouch for the league, it is outstanding. Given my employment, I don't participate in this league anymore but backwards broncos is correct (despite his fear of wanting to make trades with me).

Re: Diamond Mind baseball league has an opening
Posted: November 22 11, 8:49 pm
by Socnorb11
UK wrote:Glad to see it's still doing good. I can definitely vouch for the league, it is outstanding. Given my employment, I don't participate in this league anymore but backwards broncos is correct (despite his fear of wanting to make trades with me).

I'm still angry that I didn't take your advice and draft Hellickson a couple of years ago. I did recently trade for him, though

.
I believe that UK was one of the founding members of this league, actually. You know you're always welcome back!!
Re: Diamond Mind baseball league has an opening
Posted: November 23 11, 7:51 am
by UK
Socnorb11 wrote:UK wrote:Glad to see it's still doing good. I can definitely vouch for the league, it is outstanding. Given my employment, I don't participate in this league anymore but backwards broncos is correct (despite his fear of wanting to make trades with me).

I'm still angry that I didn't take your advice and draft Hellickson a couple of years ago. I did recently trade for him, though

.
I believe that UK was one of the founding members of this league, actually. You know you're always welcome back!!
Correct, it was Pux, Mark, and myself and then CFB (website) and others quickly devised the layout of the financial structure. Actually, I did very little (which in hindsight is a good thing), I did manage to exploit the draft policy at the time. Who knew drafting Allison as a junior in HS would work out so well?
I miss the League, I would like to come back in an assistant type of role, if needed (I know all the vacancies have been filled).
Re: Diamond Mind baseball league has an opening
Posted: November 28 11, 9:00 am
by cards2468
UK wrote:Socnorb11 wrote:UK wrote:Glad to see it's still doing good. I can definitely vouch for the league, it is outstanding. Given my employment, I don't participate in this league anymore but backwards broncos is correct (despite his fear of wanting to make trades with me).

I'm still angry that I didn't take your advice and draft Hellickson a couple of years ago. I did recently trade for him, though

.
I believe that UK was one of the founding members of this league, actually. You know you're always welcome back!!
Correct, it was Pux, Mark, and myself and then CFB (website) and others quickly devised the layout of the financial structure. Actually, I did very little (which in hindsight is a good thing), I did manage to exploit the draft policy at the time. Who knew drafting Allison as a junior in HS would work out so well?
I miss the League, I would like to come back in an assistant type of role, if needed (I know all the vacancies have been filled).
Hah, I remember when you drafted Felix Pie as a 15 year old.
Dunno if you guys remember me. I was the assistant GM for the Pirates for a season, then came on full time with the Braves the next season. I then resigned due to being too busy with school. Solid league, I miss it too.